• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is it the end of EPS?

yep, now we tried it , you gotta keep it there Yamaha...you caused us to need it, now you have to keep it up..;

OK, i have to take the middle road on this. I will say while riding an Apex or Vector chassis, the EPS is a HUGE plus. Long weekends, getting older, crappy trails, poor set-up, the EPS makes all this better. On the other hand, on the other sleds i've ridden, i didn't see the need. It may make those sleds better, but more money, weight & more to go wrong may not be worth it. NOW the big question! Does the Winder need it. This is heavier in front than Viper. Like i said earlier, i would love to see the EPS as an extra option. Let ME decide if i want the extra money, weight & problems. I hope they are testing this option on future Winder models...

I feel like the ESP vs NON EPS is like the Apex vs Viper dispute... What it comes down to is if you haven't had enough time on either how can you have formed an accurate opinion...

I've spent a couple days (in total) on various procross sleds... None were set up for my weight or riding style... So how can I even have a valid opinion on them???

On the other hand I have 8+ years on the DB2... 3 sleds with EPS... That's enough time with and without EPS to know its a must have for trail riding... Just like others claim... It reduces: fatigue, bump steer, and it's totally awesome when you get off a 1000 mile three day trip of bombed out trails... I felt fine but the boys I ride with claimed their sandy vag was all beat up...

I didn't buy a viper because it didn't have EPS... I won't buy a SW or any new sled for that same reason... If Yamaha wants my money... trail sled with EPS!!!

I will say I wouldnt put it in a MTN sled... Off trail I wouldn't want the weight

Last edited:
Check out C R's response on the yamaha blog he posted March 30th yamaha sled talk

Chris Reid wrote about your post on Sled Talk. [emoji4]

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Man, i am sooo happy, by the way, i buy one or 2 sleds a year,and my freinds also (one even bought 5 this year) and all of them also want EPS and are real preformance fanatics..so EPS must live on.

Another big plus that is rarely discussed about EPS is the possibility to put on more agressive skis and still have light steering effort. This was really clear to me back when i put C & A razors on my Attak back in the day...man was it hard to steer but man did it rail.. now i have C & A skis on my EPS Apex and no problem... you can ride super agressive with EPS ...that is my point..its not just for "cruising around"....it helps in every style of riding...

keep up the posts guys...:yam:

I am going to wait and see if they put EPS in the Winder next year, if so I just might jump ships and pass on a 850 XRS.

Yup so they get it on the ECU so why do you think CAT had to go to team for the clutches????

The big bug in the ears on the Wildcat forum is that they are in need of an engine for the 2017 Wildcat. The rumor revolves around the Thundercat/Sidewinder engine. And most were in agreement that Yamaha is not in agreement to sharing their clutching, or that crazy transmission in the YXZ. So I do believe that AC is keeping development of clutching with Team for that reason. Team has been doing the clutches in the Wildcat since 2013.5 and seems to be working.

I could be way off base, but I do think that engine, with or without Turbo, may drop into that machine for 2017 and it will include Team clutching. On a similar note, Speedwerx did release their project Wildcat with the 800cc 2-stroke AC engine installed. It's a total project unit even with a pull start. But the HP numbers are making Wildcat owners froth. The Sidewinder engine would totally smoke it though.

Sorry about the side note and straying away from the conversation. And for the purpose of the thread and post counts, YES, Keep EPS.

Back