• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is it the end of EPS?

My view is any current 4s sled regardless of OEM should have eps but as you said cats not engineered for it neither are doos....poo not playing with 4s. Yamaha set the gold standard in 4s steering but it might go away with composite chassis only the R &D engineers know if eps has a future in new products. As long as Vector & Apex are in D2 you can bet eps will live on. The real question is who wants to continue on with D2 as is? ....not me time for something new. Maybe an option with Yamaha sleds let it phase itself out via the consumer.

I think eventually you'll see all manufactures using EPS...they each use eps in their respective ATV's so they've all got the technology. My feeling is the next generation of cat chassis will likely have provisions for EPS on certain models.

Manufacturers that are anal about weight will never have EPS.

As for Yamaha, as some models get phased out and go to a Cat chassis, it will likely disappear except possibly for the Venture RS line which are really luxo barges. I tried one a couple of years ago and as I age, I will definitely be getting one with EPS.

No EPS….no more Yamaha for me.

I would not depend on Yamaha engineers or product managers to read 1 word of postings on TY just does not work that way. Yamaha Corp could care less what is posted here for new product developement...... I'm not sure where you got the impression Yamaha reads any of the postings or cares? TY is a group of members that share knowledge & are very helpful with Yamaha products but not a Yamaha marketing or research source. All this is good fun for posters so enjoy yourself.

Yamaha reads this forum, and not just the reps

I would not depend on Yamaha engineers or product managers to read 1 word of postings on TY just does not work that way. Yamaha Corp could care less what is posted here for new product developement...... I'm not sure where you got the impression Yamaha reads any of the postings or cares? TY is a group of members that share knowledge & are very helpful with Yamaha products but not a Yamaha marketing or research source. All this is good fun for posters so enjoy yourself.
MR. Sled himself said Yamaha DOES read these forums. That doesn't mean they jump when we bitch, but they have addressed many issues over the years. I personally haven't needed the EPS, but a lot of guys love it. If they were smart, they'd offer it on cruiser models or an EXTRA like cars of the 60's

I guess you never read TY home page:
This site is not an official site of Yamaha Motor Corp, USA or any other Yamaha entity.
Opinions/comments expressed on this site are not that of Yamaha or any other Yamaha subsidiary or affiliated company.

Color dyes to plastic are no big deal & they always have a basic black option that can cross lines just like Apex & Vector. MCDO colors were super easy to adjust & doo prolly knew that going in with clown colors. Customers don't like them then we do this go with black option.

I can see you have no experience in marketing or new product developement. Do you think Yamaha reads TY then plans new products?
I don't want to burst your bubble think whatever you want but Yamaha product planning is not done here today on our postings just does not work that way.
I guess you don't read CR's blog. He always mentions reading threads on here.

They probably do listen, to a point. It usually always comes down to $$$$.

obviously if yamaha has a good developpment team, they knowt this forum is just a small sample of the market but if its on here a lot it will make them analyse the demands and probably make a real market study to see if its financially viable. they don't jump when we writte but they listen.if a lot of poeple want something they will think about it

I guess you don't read CR's blog. He always mentions reading threads on here.

You bet he does and pulled no punches when he said, lack of power steering was a deal breaker on his own personal sled. So you know folks within the Yamaha camp agree with us, Power steering is a major differentiator.

I'm sure if there had been room, it would have been worked into the new Sidewinder, but it is stuffed in there. Chris and I agreed in a quick comment on his blog. Many of us have older bodies than our age would indicate, so EPS is a must.

Last edited:
well i'm really happy eps will live on..lif they could find a way to fit in the sidewineer that would be amazing or a new apex in 2018 anyway i'm happy to see my dog is still alive

You bet he does and pulled no punches when he said, lake of power steering was a deal breaker on his own personal sled. So you know folks within the Yamaha camp agree with us, Power steering is a major differentiator.

I'm sure if there had been room, it would have been worked into the new Sidewinder, but it is stuffed in there. Chris and I agreed in a quick comment on his blog. Many of us have older bodies than our age would indicate, so EPS is a must.

Agreed.

If you don't think that the designers and engineers are unaware of what is said here then you have your head up your ..... People here bitched about the chaincase bearings, starter issues, Japanese ECU, Roller secondary's and a few other things in the Viper. Not only did they address these issues in the Sidewinder but also pointed them out in their new advertising. To me A leads to B and tells me they are certainly aware of what people are saying and finding out. Why not use us a testers with knowledge?

Back