• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is this a good product to seal the inside of the sight glass?

scooterwj

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 SW
Just want to seal it up to prevent it from falling in!

Attachments

• IMG_5546.jpg
    IMG_5546.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 107

Just want to seal it up to prevent it from falling in!
That will work. Use Pematex "Right Stuff" and I know it won't fall in. Kinda pricey for a small job like that though. No matter what you use make sure it's very clean and dry.

Yes the ultra black works well..be sure to clean area inside incredibly well, if it's oily it won't adhere for any length of time. Build it up to get good contact on interior corner of case, as the issue some had was falling INWARD, can't fall outward.

Dan

IMG_5794.jpg
IMG_5795.jpg
IMG_5796.jpg

I used JB weld on the outside around the outside edge of the glass to the aluminum case. I also put some around the edge of the speed sensor because I have seen those come loose as well.

Brake cleaner leaves no residue.
This one is CRC Brakekleen available everywhere.
20 OZ AEROSOL BRAKLEEN BRAKE PARTS CLEANER Cleans and dries fast, leaves no residue; Degreases instantly; Works without disassembly; Contains no chlorinated solvents; Use where compliance calls for a chlorine-free product; Model Number: 05084

Attachments

• CRC Brakekleen.1.jpeg
    CRC Brakekleen.1.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 105
Brake cleaner I use alot for a quick evaporation and nothing leftover. Take care not get it onto the rubber gasket/grommet in which the sight glass is set in to.

Dan

Brake cleaner I use alot for a quick evaporation and nothing leftover. Take care not get it onto the rubber gasket/grommet in which the sight glass is set in to.

Dan

Opps I was not careful about not getting any brake cleaner on that grommet that the sign glass sets into... But did make sure it was dry before putting on the ultra black.... I also have clear adhesive sealant on the exterior rim of the sight glass... I hope that will be ok?

Opps I was not careful about not getting any brake cleaner on that grommet that the sign glass sets into... But did make sure it was dry before putting on the ultra black.... I also have clear adhesive sealant on the exterior rim of the sight glass... I hope that will be ok?
You'll be good.

Back