• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It Blew Up at 35mph........

powderpimp1

Expert
Well I just got back. After a 2 mile ride, and after only doing 35mpg and 600 yards onto lake otsego, I get a clunk, a nock, a grrrrrreeeeeennnnn. Eerrrrrr. Pow, and from the amount of smoke that came out from under the hood you would have thought a house was on fire! Oh Btw, my sled is an 06 Nytro.
Now I am trying to figure out what I'm going to do! What should I do. I need options and ideas!!!! Please help.

Leave it on the lake, wait for the ice to melt, let it sink, call the police & insurance company & report it stolen. Collect insurance money, go buy a new sled.

Seriously though.... tear it apart & see what failed. Recenty oil change? Two gaskets on the filter & lost your oil? Lost coolant & it baked itself?? Cam tesioner failed, and jumped timing, causing interference??

Look into it further & post back. We can't give you good suggestions if nobody knows what really happened.

Yea, I'm up at the cabin. So I really can't dig too deep. But what I can tell you is that it sounds like a rod is hitting on the crank.?.? But I have no idea until I tear it down.

may have a motor for sale soon...see what insurance company says. Got rear ended and tore up chassis....sorry to hear bout your motor :die
oh yeah,i only got to put 500 miles on it :o|

rtkota360 said:
may have a motor for sale soon...see what insurance company says. Got rear ended and tore up chassis....sorry to hear bout your motor :die
oh yeah,i only got to put 500 miles on it :o|

PM me if you part out and have a good seat

#*$&@, I talked to Nick this morning and they said that I have a softball sized hole in the bottom of the case with the rod coming of it! Ouch, he's guna try to get me some pics, so I'll post em as soon as I can.

Back