• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It Blew Up at 35mph........

whats going on with the nytro motors? Was looking at buying one need to know.

powderpimp1 said:
I only used yamalube, and I change it every summer.

What needs to happen for me to try and get Yamaha to replace it???

A VERY polite call to Yamaha customer service. PM me if you want to.

Not a pretty picture at all.

Some was say I was stupid, but that is the reason a bought the 5-yr. YES when I got the sled. If nothing happens it'll be looked at as a waste of money but if this were to happen...............

13,000 mi. and counting.......

buddah2 said:
Not a pretty picture at all.

Some was say I was stupid, but that is the reason a bought the 5-yr. YES when I got the sled. If nothing happens it'll be looked at as a waste of money but if this were to happen...............

13,000 mi. and counting.......

Ditto on the YES....I got my money's worth out of it.

I'd bet yes wouldn't cover this motor failure. i have a few friends who had stock sleds loose a motor the same way with yes, and Yamaha said nope, not there problem. Maxdlx

I have for sale a 1000 cc 4 stroke engine out of a 2006 yamaha vector. it was removed from a wrecked sled with 1200 miles. I am asking 2000 with ignition, carbs and starter. I purchased it for costom project and have since gone with a different engine. 612-219-3082
found this on snowest

maxdlx said:
I'd bet yes wouldn't cover this motor failure. i have a few friends who had stock sleds loose a motor the same way with yes, and Yamaha said nope, not there problem. Maxdlx

Hmmm, not to be argumentative (well, maybe just a little) but how the H*** could they basically disclaim responsibility for a stock motor going boom? Especially with maintenance records etc. to prove upkeep.

Mod motor, all bets are off. But totally stock?

Completely stock motor with the ever so often seen #3 rod cap broke. they said it was run low on oil, not or fault. Several calls to customer service with always the same answer, SORRY
just like the Nytro on here now, that the belly pan supports rubbed a hole in the filter and let it run out of oil, abusive ridding was there response, no help given. Its all in how bad your dealer wants to raise a stink

Back