• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It was worth the money.......

64ssmax

Extreme
I would like to send thanks to Ulmer racing for the stage 2 clutch set that Sportfury and I bought & installed on our sleds. ;)! They performed just as he stated they would. He has also been very helpful on other aspect of our sleds. It is great to finally deal with an aftermarket company that follows up thier products with great customer support! We put about 375 miles on them this weekend with out any problems.

Brian

:rocks:

64ssmax said:
I would like to send thanks to Ulmer racing for the stage 2 clutch set that Sportfury and I bought & installed on our sleds. ;)! They performed just as he stated they would. He has also been very helpful on other aspect of our sleds. It is great to finally deal with an aftermarket company that follows up thier products with great customer support! We put about 375 miles on them this weekend with out any problems.

Brian

:rocks:

:Rockon:

347strokin said:
What kind of performance gains did you get?

The stage 2 kit gave me a lightning quick backshift, excellent out of the hole power with more mid range pull. the clutch kit also eliminated 85% of the engine braking. I told Allen my weight, what type of riding I mostly do. I ride mostly in the U.P. I was with in 100 rpm of where he was setting the clutch for. Pretty close for me. I installed it for one reason, and that was to put a friend of mine's 07 mxz 1000 on the trailer. Buisness was taken care of over the weekend.

:die SKI-POO

64ssmax said:
347strokin said:
What kind of performance gains did you get?

The stage 2 kit gave me a lightning quick backshift, excellent out of the hole power with more mid range pull. the clutch kit also eliminated 85% of the engine braking. I told Allen my weight, what type of riding I mostly do. I ride mostly in the U.P. I was with in 100 rpm of where he was setting the clutch for. Pretty close for me. I installed it for one reason, and that was to put a friend of mine's 07 mxz 1000 on the trailer. Buisness was taken care of over the weekend.

:die SKI-POO

What does that kit comprise of? What comes with it?
I am looking for quick backshift and reduction of that engine braking...

Hey crash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o| :o| :o| I will figure this thing out.

Hey 64SSMAX, could you tell us what conditions were you running in? Hardpack? Ice? The reason I ask is I did NOT see as good of results the other night. We were on semi-hardpack/loose granny snow. It was snowing lightly all night so more granny/loose than hardpack. My brother has a 06 Apex GT with around 1,900 miles, 144 studs, limiter strap is loose, transfer rod set one line past minimum. My 06 Apex ER has about 2400 miles, 144 studs, limiter in stock position and transfer set 2 lines past standard setting towards full transfer. I see 10,800rpm at WOT. Oh yeah and we are the same weight. He bought his sled used and as far as we know his sled is not clutched and/or does not have the 23T gear. But who knows...his sled has every update and add-on I have read on this site so I wouldnt be surprised if it at least had the 23T gear. (By the way if by chance the old owner is on the forum here...the sled was sold through Don Goerges in Clarence, NY so feel free to chime in and let me know if anything was done to your old GT) But anyways assuming its stock...we ran em from a 20mph roll and they were dead even. Then a 10mph roll and again dead even. Not that long of a run but if any longer he might of started to creep ahead. We ended up running them three times from a dead stop and thats only when ER got the jump on the GT. We ran them for no more than 500 feet (i know short race but thats all the room we had) and the clutched ER was only ahead by one sled length (by one sled length I mean his ski's were at my ski-flap). I am wondering was it even the clutch that got me the one sled length or the set-up of the sleds (again, his transfer is set almost to min. and mine is almost to max)? Or could I just be spinning more than he is because of the conditions? I know traction is an issue when clutching, therefore, does not being on hardpack really hurt?

This post/reply got alot longer than I intended but I tried to put in most of the details. Anyways, thats what I saw the other night. Kind of disappointed in the results considering the cost. Little embarressed also!

MCapex,

We were running on a freshly groomed trail. About 10:30 am might of had 4 or 5 sled tracks on the trail already. Dead dig we were even but as the clutch shifted through mid range it was all over for the 1000 ;):D . I have about 800 miles on the sled. I have the stock track with no studs. I have the limiter strap full loose. the transfer rod is 2 notchs before min. i weigh about 195lbs with gear. My skis have an 1/8" of toe inward. the 1000 had a cudney clutch in it but i dont think he's got it figured out yet. i expect him to make changes and come at me again.

i got my own problems though. I seemed to catch a trail maker later that day with my left ski and bent my a-arms. I blame it on the clutch. It just shot me out from the last turn just too dam fast!

:jump:

Apex & Attak Stage 2:

Super Tip Weights
(Setup to your rider weight, track height, and riding style)

Primary Spring

Secondary Spring

Custom Cut Helix

sandy8657 said:
What would you choose? ( clutch kit )

1) Ulmer
2) Bender
3) Hauck

#1 Great customer service!

They probably all have nice parts but allen spent the time and explained to me what I need and what I did not.

Ulmer is Top notch, got all my stuff through them, Stage 2 clutch kit, ran that for one season, then got a CPR turbo and his clutching for that, and some other odds and ends. Great to deal with allen and gary. There Clutch work is the best In my opinion..

aj

sandy8657 said:
What would you choose? ( clutch kit )

1) Ulmer
2) Bender
3) Hauck

Ulmer or Proline. From what has been tested on this site, the rest don't seemed to hold much weight...

Ulmer rocks BUT......

I wish Ulmer would make some clutch set ups for us MOUNTAIN guys. Been waiting for 2 years now, hoping Allen would work on a set up for the Mnt......still waiting Allen...come on man...LOL. Non boosted sled with pipe (Hauck or Excell under tunnel), air box mod, plugs and PC III with ignition module...... a clutch kit for this set up or without the pc III and ignition module. I know of several guys who would sign up today! sorry to high jack the thread just desperate....Ulmer rocks.......... :-o

Back