• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It's offical X2

Jigger

Lifetime Member
After reading Phazernut's post I thought I would reuse his title. I'm swithcing brands also. The 03 RX-1 Mnt has given me around 10000 trouble free KM total on the sled around 15000 KM. I moved from some of the nicest groomed trails in Northern Ontario (Kapuskasing) to a no trail system area Thunder Bay. All the riding that we are doing around here is off trail, boon docking, ditch banging type of stuff. I have been riding but I'm afraid I'll end up breaking this sled. And at the end of the day the weight is a killer and I'm pretty tried. I'm tentively buying a 2007 Polaris IQR 600HO Mnt conversion 146 track. It will be quiet the change but should be fun. My buddy is a Polaris guy and can help me with the likely wrenching too come. I thought about getting a Nytro and doing a budget Skinz black build (a little bit each year) but the intial sled and suspension change would have had me in the 8000-9000 area. I'm not saying I won't switch back in a year or two but time to try something different. Still a Yammie guy with my 700 Rhino. I will still be lurking around here from time to time as I do have a life time membership.

I am assuming the ole RX is for sale? Well, sad to see you go. I am in the same boat as you. My RXM is now converted to a Harley with a 1.25 track and it's used to go back and forth to camp and for rips up the lake. It is primarily the girlfriend's sled to ride. So, it is a great cruising sled and slush killer. I have been addicted to doing mods and the wrenching that goes with it. I am sure it will be weird for you to just put gas in and go (don't forget oil) in your new sled.

When I am done modding the RXM, then I will focus on my Nytro MTX a little at a time. Getting a new sled or changing to a new brand right now is out of the question. No money no funny.

I feel your pain. I have always avoided serious trail breaking with that sled because you WILL break something. I hate damage and it is easy to damage a heavy sled.

Yup sled is up for sale I have a tentive deal in the works hopefully it will be a done deal by tomorrow. It took a total of 2 days I put an add on Kijiji on Monday. The new owner is going to be using it as a slush killer, ice fishing machine. I will likely still be wrenching as the sled Im looking at buying is a mod sled. I will still be poking my head around here from time to time.

Jigger said:
After reading Phazernut's post I thought I would reuse his title. I'm swithcing brands also. The 03 RX-1 Mnt has given me around 10000 trouble free KM total on the sled around 15000 KM. I moved from some of the nicest groomed trails in Northern Ontario (Kapuskasing) to a no trail system area Thunder Bay. All the riding that we are doing around here is off trail, boon docking, ditch banging type of stuff. I have been riding but I'm afraid I'll end up breaking this sled. And at the end of the day the weight is a killer and I'm pretty tried. I'm tentively buying a 2007 Polaris IQR 600HO Mnt conversion 146 track. It will be quiet the change but should be fun. My buddy is a Polaris guy and can help me with the likely wrenching too come. I thought about getting a Nytro and doing a budget Skinz black build (a little bit each year) but the intial sled and suspension change would have had me in the 8000-9000 area. I'm not saying I won't switch back in a year or two but time to try something different. Still a Yammie guy with my 700 Rhino. I will still be lurking around here from time to time as I do have a life time membership.
your wrong about trails in kapuskasing,they are not the best in north ontario,they are probably the best in the world,that whole trail system from cochrane to kap,hearst,hornpayne etc,,, are kick #*$&@,we just came back from a 7 day trip,i hadnt seen them that nice,we ran 1500 km and they were flaaaaaaat the whole way,good luck with the new sled

Call me strange, but I can't get into groomed trail riding. I haven't purchased a trail pass in many years. I much prefer going to unlimited places via lake to lake, through bush, swamps, logging roads etc. It's cheaper too!

How much are you getting for the sled?

$3300 seems fair price with the mods I have but I also have 15400 km on the sled. I was asking $4000 willing to take 3500 but since the season is coming to an end I didn't want to sit on it all summer over $200.

RX1MPete said:
Call me strange, but I can't get into groomed trail riding. I haven't purchased a trail pass in many years. I much prefer going to unlimited places via lake to lake, through bush, swamps, logging roads etc. It's cheaper too!

How much are you getting for the sled?
youre strange,,lol,,

Done deal. I'm sled less right now hopefully the deal tomorrow works out. ANd I have to agree with both of you I really liked trail riding but at times it was boring and I had to get off the trail and go and explore. I told the new owner to check out this site. I left the Totally Yamaha stickers on the sled. He emailed me tonight asking about the high rpms 7000 rpm at 70km/h I mentioned to him the 4-stroke is a different beast and check out this site and start reading the wealth of knowledge here.

I never understood why the Thunder Bay area never got decent snow hence the reason of having a poor club. Growing up in Northern Ontario myself, I can say its hard for change as well. A good trail network where I live now, but I do get bored stiff staying on the trails with no play area.

There's been some years where Thunder Bay did get good snow and heading north/east via pipeline is some of the best riding I've done in my life.

Dan

Back