• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

J&T PRODUCTS STEALTH BIG WHEEL KIT $30.00 off retail price ++ SUMMER PRICE++

Anyone want to give their 2 cents on step by step installation? Just wondering on the big wheel kit what to expect if any surprises. Thanks in advance!

loosen axle nut..... back off tensioner bolts completely..... remove transfer block and rod.... slightly loosen additional fasteners towards rear so you can spread rails.... remove tri hub... reputation to re use axle bushing cast pieces that tensioners push on.... If possible get front track shock to collapse to provide more track slack.... now install jt assembly.... this is where that additional track slack will help... don't forget those cast pieces... re tighten rail bolts... tension tensioner bolts to provide room to adds transfer blocks back in...

Here's how I did mine..................
Pull the skid
Remove TriHub
Install Big Wheel Kit
Re-install skid
Adjust track tension & align
Fine tune track alignment on 20 mile test run
and enjoy.

Some may tell you the kit can be installed without removing the skid. Maybe so. Never tried. I wanted to inspect the skid, and change to Dupont hyfax anyway. Plus I prefer working on the bench.

Nice quality kit with good instructions included.

Splitting hairs here.....
Only observation is that I May have a slight more track spin due to the concentrated wheel pressure to the rear. Rather than more distributed slide pressure. See video.

Outside wheel left off for better viewing

Kit does what it's intended to do. Trail manners are great. Cornering seems slightly more stable with the 4 wheels vs TriHub. Bonus material, it looks great! No surprises.

adding to my post...tighten track ...then after first good run of miles...retighten..alignment is fairly easy on a newer sled...measure the threads or bolt head to rail opening spacing on each side so they match...

Sabrecat are you going to be selling these at Hey Days?

Thanks JT....my 4 wheel axle arrived this week....Very nice piece.

Got the sale price too!...thanks again.

Dan
JT 4wheel axle.JPG

Back