• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

January 10-13 Muni TY ride, who's In?

y_y,

South of Munising isn't too bad........better than it was 2 days ago......I'd say we've got a good solid 2".......fairly heavy, damp stuff......sticks together.

We had to leave early this A.M.......I'd say we probably got another inch while we were gone.

There is around 4 inches here in the parking lot at Alger.

we headed out for some food after a late start w/ the group. Food was at the Woodland in Shingleton. The swamp is still open behind Shinglton so we went the back way, nice snow in the woods.
After eating we started heading to Kingston Plains. We never made it. Missed the turn and to Seney we went. We had good trails 8, 88, 433,431
So off to dinner. 43 o 88 then 8. We stopped at the Bear Trap then back to Alger.
The best trails were after dinner on our way back to the Hotel.

All in all a fun day. Enough snow to keep even the sleds w/ 1.5" tracks lubed.

On to the Garage.

sobfrogg said:
There is around 4 inches here in the parking lot at Alger.

we headed out for some food after a late start w/ the group. Food was at the Woodland in Shingleton. The swap is still open behind Shinglton so we we the back way nice snow in the woods.
After eating we strating heading to Kingston Plains. We never made it. Missed the turn and to Seney we went. We had good trails 8, 88, 433,431 till we started back on 43. Found a few water hazards. Lots of ice w/ little snow. A few miles out of Seney and the trails we good again.
So up to 88, the to 8 and dinner at the Bear Trap. Back to Alger.
The best trails were after dinner on ouy way back to the Hotel.

All in all a fun day. Enough snow to keep even the sleds w/ 1.5" tracks lubed.

On to the Garage.
I hope you proof read this when your sober!! lol :jump:
I wanna be in the garage!! :drink: Have fun and be safe!

Dave ,

The sorry part about my post is I WAS SOBER!!!!! That was before the garage.

Mabey next ride Dave.

For the folks that bailed on us. It was well worth hanging in there. Its is snowing like a mother right now and they are calling for 6-8 tonite

Well..........what can I say........sorry I missed Sat. night in "the garage"....I only made 1 little "mistake".........after supper I sat down in the big-butt easy chair with a good fire in the woodstove and a comforter to watch the end of the Pack game....... :o| :o|

The good news is I DID get to see the very end of the Pats game LaLaLa

Hope everybody's bumps and bruises and whatever heal quickly. Just our luck however......it's snowing like a biotch right now..........

Welp, everyone has left and it's snowing like crazy. I'm staying here to ride some more. Might stay here all week. lmao. What a party last night.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

I'm still burping up Captain Morgan today. lol

Here's a couple pics of the snow just outside my room door.

Buddah, wanna ride again? Give me a call here at the hotel. Room 108

Attachments

• IM001621.JPG
    IM001621.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IM001622.JPG
    IM001622.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 180
btw: It was great to meet you all and see everyone else once again. Hope to see you all for the TY Eagle river ride next weekend.

-1CS

Thanks to all for such a wonderfull experience! This was my first ride, but definately the first of many.
I can't wait for the next one, we'll be seeing all of you at the end of the month, come #*ll or high water!
Hope you can make it back, Dave????

It was aesome.Friday trail riding I think was the best I ever seen it 80% of the trails where feshly groomed and the ones that where not groomed where flat.The turn out for people was unreal for an ealry rid it's never been that many.
This has been one of the funnest rides I been on.Saturday night dowtown munising was a blast.
Nate that must have been a long ride home?

1CrazySledder said:
Buddah, wanna ride again? Give me a call here at the hotel. Room 108

I tried around 5:00..........got their answering machine. Since I'm home for the evening, why don't you call me? 906-573-2139.

Jim

pro116 said:
....This has been one of the funnest rides I been on.

So when do we get to hear "The Rest of the Story" about the Arctic Crap?

(That's the 2nd one of those I've seen that happen to.........the other was a brand new ZR900 3 or 4 yrs. ago......on Trail 7 south of us.......don't know what he did either......)

buddah2 said:
pro116 said:
....This has been one of the funnest rides I been on.

So when do we get to hear "The Rest of the Story" about the Arctic Crap?

(That's the 2nd one of those I've seen that happen to.........the other was a brand new ZR900 3 or 4 yrs. ago......on Trail 7 south of us.......don't know what he did either......)

ChadG's buddy had the cat from Munising power sports that the primary got seized open.So he jumped on back of me and chad and his other friend followed me to Gran Maria.I just went a medium pace but the guy thought I was a nut,lol
We got ahold of Munising Power Sports on the phone and he told the dealer what hapened.Well we got lucky the dealer had 3 rental sleds at Hill Top resort right in town that the resort rents out on a contarct with Munising Power Sports so he said take what ever one you want.So we headed back on the Lake trail and stoppe a few times and took pics by the lake and had a great ride back.I even drove the polaris 550 fan for a while,lol
Those are really a great group of guys they where so appreciative of me staying back with them to help them and guide them back to Munising.
I got to help out two people this weekend.

The other one I won't mention Nate,LMAO

Yeah, thanks Ryan. I don't think I'll live that one down for a long time..... What a long ride! I'll have to get even with 'ya for helping me. Thanks a million.
It was a really long ride home, and I shoul dhave stayed another night and got some sleep. I left after supper and about 10 miles outside of town, I realised that this was going to be a long trip.
I left a about 9:30PM, feeling pretty good, but with the heavy snow and deteriorating roads, things started going very slow, and the constant snow made me tired very quick. I ended up traveling about 35 miles an hour until I reached Oshkosh, most of which, I couldn't see the pavment markings, and had to use 4wd.
I made it to Marinette by 1:30, where I ended up getting a speeding ticket while going 35 mph! Barney Fife needed something to do, I guess.
All told, I pulled off to nap a few times, but I really wanted to get home to my wife and kids, so I pushed on, but didn't get home until noon on Sunday! I couln't believe how long it took, but I had a hard time staying awake with the snow flying, which it did until I was almost back to Iowa.
I'll definatly not do that again, especially after forgetting my phone in Chad's truck! At least I'll have a few days of peace and quiet without it!
AAAhhh, the memories!...

Back