• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just Another Day On TY....Oh Was It Different

People are going to complain no matter what ....That's just human nature,i think the sled is AWESOME and was thinking about ordering one until the canadian price come out, with the dollar being within 2% for a couple of years now then the two prices should be close to that.I think the biggest problem yamaha diehards are having with this is the fact that it is going to be built by arctic cat,think about this for a minute....going from the best snowmobile factory to the worse as far as quality control is concerned,hopefully it is built with the same yamaha quality that we are all familiar with....and as far as the hype before the release goes they do this every year lol.And yes i am complaining.....this time about the price!

I never owned any machines other then yami..I'm a newbee really. Never rode a sled until 2006.
I ride with a couple who have twin T660 2006 Pantera's 2up's. They ride double alot too on one. They have 8k now. For a light weight machine they haven't had many issues at all. I mean my Attak has had as many or more. So Cat with Yami quality control can't be bad.

Very good read ;)! And as far as AC building the sleds ...we don't know for sure just assuming ....if they are I bet Yamaha is doing a lot of training to those workers to get it to there standards ;)!

It's been very fun reading all the things for weeks and all day yesterday I sure did :jump: a lot at times but in the end I really like what I see ......well I think I'm going for a ride now we just got 8" of snow :-o

Good post. I ,myself have only rode Arctic Cat up until I bought my 05 Vector & 05 RX-1. I never had any major problems with my cats, in fact, I never had to bring them to the shop! Watching Snotrax TV for the last few years, they said that Arctic Cat's fit & finish is among the top now. I guess that I would take their word for it being it seems that they are pro Ski-Doo most of the time. Lets not forget to mention a couple of Arctic Cat 1st's. That new idea that wouldn't work called slide rail suspension. All the other brands said that it wouldn't work. Arctic Cat even had to build a couple Panthers with Bogie Wheels to prove it. The other one that comes to mind is front suspension without trailing arms. I'm sure that there are more, but can't think this early. I think that this sled is the best of both worlds. I almost can't wait until the 26th when AC unveils their lineup to see what Yamaha gave to them. :jump:

i have been one of the negatives as I have personally lived through this Procross debacle. I must admit, VERY good read. I just hope that AC truly allows Yamaha to bring a higher level of quality control to TRF. Nowhere to go but up on that one. Start by getting rid of cheap Chinese sh*t parts. The reality is, Yamaha just supplies motors, everything else is on Cat.

Well thought out post. ;)! I 've been riding yam since 1966............ Bikes and sleds. Sleds since 1982..... I ride a 05 vector. Love it.. I too looked forward to this years release....I think that sled looks cool.. And with that "GREAT" motor it has real possibilities. Lets give it a chance.. I just wonder what cat will do for price????? MM.

I'm still waiting for Yamaha to bring back the TSS using giant Fox Float 2's at the struts..... Could make for a great mountain sled and would REALLY lighten the front up. Another plus is the WHOLE width of the sled could be a giant "float plate" with no Arms/steering dragging through the powder.

blueironranger said:
I'm still waiting for Yamaha to bring back the TSS using giant Fox Float 2's at the struts..... Could make for a great mountain sled and would REALLY lighten the front up. Another plus is the WHOLE width of the sled could be a giant "float plate" with no Arms/steering dragging through the powder.

Oh Yea.... ! ;)! ;)!

I see Mr. Sled posted this small butt HUGE MESSAGE..........

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
I wanted to post one more time a few things. I know I stated this in another thread but "I have driven all the Viper sleds. I was very optimistic... I didnt want to like it because of the Cat Qualities... I wanted to hate it... I am telling you this sled is SOOO much fun to drive."

As a die hard Yamaha fan I am sure you were like me.... a CAT ..WTF...lol, but over time and looking at it from a business side, I see what Yamaha was doing... causing some huge hype and making heads turn in the industry. This is a first in the industry, I am sure, having 2 snowmobile companies come together to build a very unique project. There is no one going out of business.... there is no one merging into the other... basically it is a trade agreement. This is actually pretty great if you really think about it. Yamaha needs to learn to bring snowmobiles to the consumer faster and basically meet the customers demands while Arctic Cat needs to learn from Yamaha about durability and fit & finish.... so they are learning and learning fast. The goods news is both snowmobile companies have a separate direction plan and only this one sled in common. After being in Minneapolis the last few days I have learned for us die hard Yamaha fans that there is going to be 1 new sled every year for the next 5 years from Yamaha with some new and outstanding technology with new chassis and motors... and yes they said motors So even though we are not all getting the sled we want let's not frown on the fact of what has happened. Let's encourage and look to the future of what is to come and look at this decision as a great thing for the snowmobile industry. So please get out to a demo and ride this sled.... it was extremely fun to drive and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

On a side note: A good friend of mine said " Here is my chance to drive some other brand chassis with out having to leave my brand" and that is a very good point

........Sounds a bit of what I was talking about.......ABSOLUTELY AMAZING......"5 NEW SLEDS COMING"....AWESOME; My POOR Coyote Needs A New Ride :Rockon:

my thoughts

both reads very good, i'm glad it's out and over, i'm getting older and i don't like people bashing each other, i had enough of it, if this site was like this all the time i would quit reading it, but i do enjoy all the good information from you all.

Back