• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just got a new '16 Viper MTX 141" SE

Yes. Stock clutching has no rivets in the weights. If your below 6000 ft. it will over rev and hit the limiter. You'll definitely want a little weight added to the clutch.
Yes I found this out the hard way LOL. My 8bu weights are empty so I was told to put 17.2mm weights in each hole to help with the weights at 2,000' elevation. |Well see what happens!

Sooo the dealership says this is just how they are set up, and that I will have to pay extra to get this done. This doesn't sound right to me. Should set the sled up for where the customer will ride it? Anybody have experience with this battle?
same thing for me here. Sled cannot go past 3/4 throttle. Hitting limiter. I'm told I have two options, change the helix with adding rivets or leave it.

Pulled the weights out 8BU, and they are empty. Told to put 17.2mm weights in each hole to alleviate the issue. I will see how it operates from there and then move to the helix after testing.

A2A569B1-79A1-4B12-A99C-E968ED793490.jpeg
The 17.2 mm rivets are 4.5 g. If you are in need of additional arm weight this button head bolt and nut set up is about 5.9-6 g. I don’t remember the exact size but it is a metric bolt. I would recommend using red Loctite. Verify that you have plenty of clearance once the arms have been reinstalled in the clutch. With these arms and stock springs I turn 8900 RPM. I am using a shockwave adjustable helix set at approximately 48/40. I ride at 6-800 feet of elevation and I have a Straightline header and can on an otherwise stock engine. My sled has fairly low miles so I may gain rpm as it continues to break in.

ran the 17.2mm rivets in 8BU arms fully loaded. still hitting limiter. Changed from 37' helix to 43' and solved the problem, kept secondary wrap the same. Only hitting 60-65mph, lots of drag

ran the 17.2mm rivets in 8BU arms fully loaded. still hitting limiter. Changed from 37' helix to 43' and solved the problem, kept secondary wrap the same. Only hitting 60-65mph, lots of drag

I’m not sure exactly what they added to mine, but it works well. I still will hit the limiter a bit at the lower elevations where I ride, but for 80% of my riding area it’s spot on. It’s funny how sensitive to elevation it is.

Does anybody have any battery recommendations for these sleds? Last year I bought a new battery, but one of those ones where you add the liquid and then put a cap on. You guys prob know what I'm talking about. It leaked a bit and started corroding my cable. What battery would you guys recommend? Thanks!

Back