• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just picked up my new '08 FX Nytro! w/pics

AKrider

TY 4 Stroke God
I just picked up my new, base model, FX Nytro today! It is a huge leap forward in ergos than my present Vector with its steering post relocation mod and hi-rise Boss seat.. The sled just looks solid. The a-arms are reinforced, the tube type "bulkhead" looks stout and it came with the running board reinforcements. We ran the sled at the dealer and I've ran it since then and it sounds throaty with the stock exhaust. It hasn't been revved much further than engagement RPM but it isn't loud. It just sounds like a sport bike. I've already got a line on a Bender exhaust and am leaning that way since the stock muffler looks like it came off a car (seriously) and looks heavy.

Overall the sled is very comfortable and reminds me of a refined REV. The side panels are soft and flexable where your knees hit and the reverse lever is tucked out of the way. The reverse lever doesn't turn, instead it pulls up and over in one direction. To me if feels more solid and positive in this configuration. The bars don't use a T-mount like the RTX but are comfortable. The warmers are run off a single switch like my old Ski-doo 440 race sleds. I've not read the owners manual to determine how they work. The a-arms look beefy and the tunnel has lots of reinforcement brackets. In fact the tunnel is made of thicker guage aluminum then the standard Yamaha sleds. You can actually feel the improved ergos with the beveled tunnel corners. I'm sure I will have more comments and observations in the future after I have a chance to throughly look over the sled.

Evidently I'm one of the first in Alaska or the first one in Alaska to take delivery of my sled. In any case it got plenty of attention and I have to admit it was cool to see people checking it out. In fact tonight I met Todd Wolff's brother, Lawrence (who was on a fishing vacation I suspect?) and he checked out my sled. He was a totally cool and down to earth guy (my buddy and I were muttering about how small the world must be because we read about guys like him in magazines) basically Lawrence raced Polaris forever and said he and his brother were getting a Nytro to goof around with and fit a supercharger to. Anyway, he said he was surprised to see that Yamaha had them out so early (mine is 06/07) and made the comment that they must have their stuff together. Anyhow, I know for a fact that Chad Gueco has put over 1300 miles on the prototype Nytros so I'm not the least bit nervious like I used to get when I bought a first year Doo and Polaris. Sorry about the name dropping... I'm just stoked about my new sled and feel a little bit like a rock star :)!

HPIM1700.jpg

HPIM1718.jpg

HPIM1717.jpg

HPIM1716.jpg

HPIM1715.jpg

HPIM1714.jpg

HPIM1713.jpg

Very nice sled! You must be stoked!! I know when the RX-1 came out I was the first one to pick-up the sled from my dealer it was an amazing feeling. I am having a hard time trying to decide on the Nytro or the Apex GT as my next sled. I will wait and see how the Nytro works out this year and then decide. Enjoy the sled and being one of the first few to have the new Nytro.

Some of the other things I noticed was that you need to toggle the guage to read either RPM's or miles (probably just like the Phazer?) Another thing is the sled comes with a non slip seat cover similar to a YZ. It is grippy but not sticky, I think it will work great! The coolent level is visable from the left side ski-well, and the rear tunnel mounting plates appear to be aluminum. My dealer told me the official wet and dry weights but I don't remember them precisely so I will post them later. In any case the sled is lighter than the Deltabox I & II but that had/should have been expected.

I was also told (and have no reason doubt the claims... but have not yet tested it) that the FX Nytro will out accererate the standard Vector/Nytro by 8 sled lengths. I was also told the Nytro will keep ahead and/or stay with an Apex till 100mph. At that point the Apex will pass it because the Nytro is made to be quick like a YZ.

Basically I feel like I bought a new Yamaha sled with the expectations they used to come with back the glory days of the 1980's.

Congrats man, it is a nice looking sled. It is definitely getting close to our favorite time of year. Looking forward to more information on the sled.

Additional pictures

Here are some additional close up pics. I'm disappointed but not surprised that it only has 3 wheels in the back of the track instead of 4. I wonder if the RTX comes with 4? That will be something I change. Once I get it into the garage I'll start pulling panels and probably post some more pics. Kind of funny that I need to clean dead bugs off the hand guards on a snowmachine. :rofl:

HPIM1730.jpg

HPIM1728.jpg

HPIM1725.jpg

HPIM1724.jpg

HPIM1723.jpg

HPIM1722.jpg

HPIM1721.jpg

congrats on the sled!! ;)!
I'll have to wait another 3 months on mine.

Only things i'm wondering about is:
#1 will the grease zerks work better than they did on my rage,and
#2 will the paint on the suspension parts(looks thin) hold up against rust a little better than earlier models?

Hey rockrider, No grass drag pics yet!?!?!? LOL!! I didn't see the anti-bottoming rollers that Yamaha had on there in early pics. (Probably wouldn't need them anyway) Also, does it have coupling blocks? Spot for an extra belt?? By the way, great pics!! ;)!

Back