• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just read this on Facebook. Posted from a dealer.

pooner

Extreme
Viper update. Yamaha issued a statement to dealers today. I guess lots of Vipers made the trek from TRF Minnesota to the regional Yamaha warehouse in Chicago. The problem now is that the crates they are in are cheesy to the point that they are not even safe to load back into trucks for delivery. They are busy now modifying the crates. They say that 70% of the Vipers will be in dealers hands by 11/30 and 100% by 12/31. Gee thanks a lot!!! Can anybody out there working at an AC dealer tell my something about these crates? Wood?

That is the direct quote. How are they shipping them to Canada? I was told that Arctic Cat ships on an open trailer and they are loaded from the side. Yamaha ships in an enclosed trailer and a picked up from the back. The crates can't be lifted from the rear. Maybe just strap them to a pallet that can be lifted from the rear? Not brain surgery!!

That sucks if it is true. Kind of matches what someone else just said here about his sled being in Chicago.

That is the biggest bunch of B.S. ever. Standard wood stackable shipping crate. Have worked fine for decades. Picked up many in crates from the AC factory. Somebody at Yamaha is full of it.

When I picked up my Viper on Monday, my dealer indicated that the crate used to ship the sled were very flimsy. Mine was okay so I hope everyone else's sled makes it without issues. Going back out side now to pray for Snow.

Just was at my dealer today, they were in the process of uncrating an xtx... The crates are flimsy for sure, or looked to be... But there wasn't a mark on this sled, and it literally was uncrated about 20 min before, no skis on and still sitting on the bottom part of the skid

So now we are worried about the "fit and finish" of the shipping crate? They seemed to get the sleds all over Canada just fine. They also got the sleds to Chicago without any problems.

odd i just spoke with my dealer, here in chicago. he stated he just received a letter from yamaha that said his allotted vipers will be shipped on 11/11...
hmm
subaru2006

My patients is gone :o| I was at my dealer today and his still telling me anytime now. He thinks it might be at the Chicago warehouse. Which would make sense if the above statements are true :o| I'm thinking about just buying the AC XF9000 that they have had sitting on the show room floor for almost a month now!

official letter

Here is the official letter from Yamaha.

And I was jealous of you Canadians that were getting them first....Double check those bad boys! We're all blaming AC for this right?

Attachments

• Viper Ship Delay 11-8-13 YDS.jpg
    Viper Ship Delay 11-8-13 YDS.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 350
I still haven't got my snow checked '14 Indy. Doesn't bother me, don't even care since I don't have any snow to ride in anyway.

The way I look at it is the longer it takes to be delivered the longer my warranty will last into the fall when the warranty expires.

My '08 Nytro was built in June '07 and I took delivery in August '07. I grew tired of it being in the way in my shop while it sat around for 3 1/2 months until I got enough snow to ride it. Also sucked that the warranty expired in August.

THE END OF DECEMBER?!?!?!?!?!?! NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!! The riding season here is barely 3 months and in the last 5 years, when we have a good winter the majority of the snow falls between December 1 and December 20th...If I don't have my Viper next week I'm gonna be pissed...this is ridiculous. The worst part is what the hell am I gonna do about it besides complain? Good start to the supply agreement Cat and Yamaha. Another thing...I'm no logistics genius, but why in the hell would you drive past god knows how many Minnesota dealers on your way to Chicago just to load the sleds on another trailer and drive right back?!?!? I own a lumber yard....I know how much it costs to operate trucks...this makes zero sense to me. Marvin Windows, which is based out of Warroad, MN (not too far from TRF) has two trucking routes...MN Dealer Direct and Distributors, their product comes right from their manufacturing facility to my loading dock. Sorry for the rant but that letter pisses me off to no end. $13,000 for a new sled and you can't get it in my hands before the end of December?!? BULL$H!T!!!!!! :die

I call BS. My 2014 M8 Cat was shipped in a wood container made of HARDWOOD. I took delivery of my cat in the crate and assembeled it myself...have a pic of it sitting next to the crate in case anybody doesn't believe me. ANYWAYS......I gave the crate to a friend who reused the hardwood. So, who is responsible for putting Yamahas in cheap crates if they indeed were?

I can only hope my RTX shows up before December. I snow checked it the first of March! This sled will be the most anticipated 3 month relationship of my life.

Back