• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just Started the Phazer and I've Got Some Questions??

Ruggybuggy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer FX 144
So I picked up my new to me Phazer in the spring and spent the summer repairing and modifying. I managed to go for a few short rides before the snow melted and quite enjoyed the sled.

I just started up the Phazer today for the first time in 6 months and right away notice a RED light on in the dash. Holy cow its got no oil pressure! I shut it down and check the oil and it's down a touch to I add to the correct level and the light is still on. I notice that the engine makes a lot of rattle noises and assumed it's because of the low oil pressure. I just checked my manual and it says it's the low temp warning light and not the oil pressure. Relieved.

So my questions are:

Why does the Phazer use a red light to indicate low temp, it should be orange and is there a low pressure oil light? I know there is a low level light.

Does the Phazer make a lot of upper valve train noise when cold? Does the noise lessen after it warms up?

I installed a 12V acc plug from a Grizzly, is there a connector on the Phazer to power the outlet?

Thanks

I have the low temp red light on when I first start my 08 GT. It only stays on for an instant once the engine is running.
For low oil pressure, you will get code 30 on your display and your machine will shutdown.
There is a connector for 12 VDC power. It is behind the upper left side panel where all the other connectors are. It has one orange/black wire and one black wire. The orange/black is positive. You will only have power when the engine is running.

Perfect timing, I'm in the garage now and was looking at that connector and wondering if that was it. Do you know if it's fused?

Dont touch the gas till the red light is off, you can foul the plugs..and yea, they make a bit of engine and clutch clanking..no worries its all normal..the red light will take longer to go off based on how cold your sled is..the light probably didn't come on in the summer when you were running it cuz it was already warm..

Thanks for the replies. I let it run for a bit and alls good. Most of the noise is from the primary weight Boyle. They "float" and rattle allot.

The circuit protection is provided with the 3 amp fuse. There is only one connected in your fuse block. The other is a spare. Glad to hear all is well. Think snow! My forecast is looking good and I can't wait.

Back