• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

KBC helmet and goggles?

Black 1000

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I had a Fly racing helmet and Oakley crowbar goggles. I swithced to a KBC Six Shooter and Oaklel Wisdom goggles. The goggles dont seal around my face. What goggles are you guys useing that seal? Also what balaclava? I know there are other topics but I am particularly interested in guys with KBC

Thanks

I have a KBC helmet and I use a pair of Scott Turboflow goggles...I also use a No-Fog mask...the combo works great.

My goggles seal tightly, but I still have a slight gap at my temples, but the only time this bothers me is when in temps below 10 degrees and I am making a long lake run and the wind hits me at a 45 degree angle.

This is mostly in the morning when I am headed north across the lake from my cabin and we have a northwest wind.

I have a KBC helmet also and use the Smith Snow Warp Ti goggles. The goggles come with the faceshield and also a nose shield. I haven't tried them out except for the back yard so really can't say to much about them just yet. I'm using the nose piece since my KBC helmet has a rubber piece on the chin bar that bends towards the nose. With this combo there's not much of a gap at all. Its actually a little tough getting the goggles into the helmet. Its not to hard but I'd rather just leave the goggles on the helmet when I take the helmet off and put it on instead of removing the goggles. I'll try to get a picture up soon. I may get another set of goggles with different lense. The new 509 films goggles look awesome!

TrailxRider said:
I have a KBC helmet also and use the Smith Snow Warp Ti goggles. The goggles come with the faceshield and also a nose shield. I haven't tried them out except for the back yard so really can't say to much about them just yet. I'm using the nose piece since my KBC helmet has a rubber piece on the chin bar that bends towards the nose. With this combo there's not much of a gap at all. Its actually a little tough getting the goggles into the helmet. Its not to hard but I'd rather just leave the goggles on the helmet when I take the helmet off and put it on instead of removing the goggles. I'll try to get a picture up soon. I may get another set of goggles with different lense. The new 509 films goggles look awesome!

Hi, my first post, I've been a reader for a while, a year or so, have a -06 Vector ER, with 600 miles on, to little, I know...

Back to the tread, I've haven't seen the Warp Ti in person, but on the site they say medium sized frame, and I'm a little bit curious about the actual size in a MX helmet, do they fit ok or are they kind of "small" around you're forehead, I'm also wondering if a large size frame would fit in the helmet at all...

Minister said:
TrailxRider said:

Hi, my first post, I've been a reader for a while, a year or so, have a -06 Vector ER, with 600 miles on, to little, I know...

Back to the tread, I've haven't seen the Warp Ti in person, but on the site they say medium sized frame, and I'm a little bit curious about the actual size in a MX helmet, do they fit ok or are they kind of "small" around you're forehead, I'm also wondering if a large size frame would fit in the helmet at all...

I have a medium head and helmet and the googles fit awesome. I dont think they are to small and should work fine. I'll take a pic when I get home and post it on here before I go to bed. The only gap in my helmet and goggles is near my forehead above my temples and thats only about 1 mm. Its tiny. Sorry I couldnt answere you better. When I post the pictures of my helmet with goggles in it you'll understand more. I'll try to get it posted around 11 pm eastern time today.

Sorry about the bad quality pictures and for them being so large. Had to use my phone camera since my good digital camera broke. For the mask I'm refering to the nose guard. Mine came with a hard black piece which snaps to the goggles. You can see it in my picture. It also came with a similar foam piece that's longer but I don't have that hooked on mine. I'll just wear a belaclava if I get cold. I bought the windproof belaclava from Arctiva. I havent tried it out yet though but it should do the job. My helmet size is a medium which is 57 to 58 cm. Not sure if that helps at all.

helmet1.jpg

helmet3.jpg

helmet2.jpg

TrailxRider said:
Sorry about the bad quality pictures and for them being so large. Had to use my phone camera since my good digital camera broke. For the mask I'm refering to the nose guard. Mine came with a hard black piece which snaps to the goggles. You can see it in my picture. It also came with a similar foam piece that's longer but I don't have that hooked on mine. I'll just wear a belaclava if I get cold. I bought the windproof belaclava from Arctiva. I havent tried it out yet though but it should do the job. My helmet size is a medium which is 57 to 58 cm. Not sure if that helps at all.

Thank you, they look awesome, I need to get a pair of those...

Back