• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

klim vs fxr

brian m

Veteran
Hi all Just bought a fxr suit but had wanted a klim suit but the sales person talked me in to ithe fxr. Does anyone have advise on klim or fxr? I really like the klim.

FXR seems to be a better buy for the $. Klim is also a quality product. I just bought FXR with Flotex for floatation for ice riding.

Klim

I have been nothing but impressed with the Klim. IMO Worth the money!!

Love my FXR backshift jacket and bibs. Never been cold or wet except for my hands and now I have the yamaheater and a medium windshield to solve that problem this year. I have the Bill Townsend boots which are awesome! feet never cold or wet either and great traction and they are extremely light...like wearing slippers. The are kinda wide but I like that feature so I can fit my feet into the footwells and not have my legs sliding all over when I'm putting body english into my turns. Boots good to -60 I believe.

I think you'll like FXR. I've never had any Klim so can't coment on them.

Thanks for all the advise guys!
PS. and for you Simmer I have to watch my money Not all of us own half of niagra falls, 2008 attack gt , 2009 bmw M5, etc this list goes on forever guys simmer is the olny guy I no who carries a wallet in each back pocket to handle all his doe!

The kilm is olny 50 dollars more but it sure feels thiner.... the model is called a klimate parka at royal distributing in canada?

love my FXR gear. Have had Castle, Klim, Arctiva etc and am the happiest with the flotech fxr. I think you'll be happy

i also have fxr and find it very warm, never cold(but its heavy) ihave klim boots and thier great. my thought is with klim its all about layers. you must buy 1st layer ,2nd layer then the outer layer, so if you go away for the week or weekend do you buy 2 set? i think its alot lighter but would that keep me warm? to much for me to find out

I decided against Klim because of the layering! If you need all them layers the suit isn't warm!

Went with the Flotechs!

Hope they are warm!!??

:drink:

BR

Back