• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Klim-Yamaha Gear

rage763

Extreme
Has anyone tried out the new Klim-Yamaha gear. Really nice stuff and I am thinking of picking up the jacket, bib, boots and gloves. Worth the extra money?

LeeKo said:
Klim is the best.

Agreed, I got the full outfit, pants, jacket, boots,gloves, inner layer, mid layer and the F4 Helmet.

Everything is amazing and worth every penny, I find Klim is nice fit/cut also with all its gear.

I can't see how anyone could get cold, I rocked it hard in haliburton -25 weather without any issues.

Since the klim gear will easily outlast your sled I would suggest buying the non Yamaha branded Klim gear, who knows in 10 years you might switch sled brands.

bitchnblue09 said:
over rated, not worth the money, IMO, but theres stuff out there that is just as good and not marked up 300%- shop around !!!

u sure? lets say you buy a klim bibs.. whats that like $360.. you use it for 5 years or whatever and you start to get wet or whatever.. send it in, they will test it. if they find the leak they will either fix it or replace it. I have heard of people sending their 10 yr old stuff and they send back brand new current year gear. Klim holds true to their gor-tex "garunteed to keep you dry". Essentially if you buy one set, ur good to go for a long time.

Or you can go buy your brand x bibs and once they wear out, you can go buy another pair. How many pairs of these bibs can you get for the price of a klim?

For me, once i learned more about it, it was really a no brainer.. I know its the best and if something starts to leak, they will stand behind their product.. Sure its a lot of hard-earned money.. but for sure worth it IMO!

anyone have anything to say about the balaclava? wondering more or less how it does with wind. I know that balaclavas like un-wind are phenomenal but they are around 60 bucks whereas the klim is 30. in the end i would spend 60 bucks if it didnt compare. cant cheap out on one of those IMO

rage763 said:
anyone have anything to say about the balaclava? wondering more or less how it does with wind. I know that balaclavas like un-wind are phenomenal but they are around 60 bucks whereas the klim is 30. in the end i would spend 60 bucks if it didnt compare. cant cheap out on one of those IMO

i think they have a $30 one and a $50 one. They have some windstopper technology or something like that. looking into getting one myself and would like to know how they like em!

I just bought the yamaha klim klimate jacket, hav'nt had the chance to try it out yet. I'm going to tug hill saturday. I'll let you know what I think afterwards.

mntvipermn said:
LeeKo said:
Klim is the best.

Agreed.

But you will pay a little extra for it to say "Yamaha" on it. Just order regular Klim and get the same stuff for a little less.

Mike

I'm Canada my local dealer sells the Yamaha klim gear cheeper than the Royal (canadian Dennis kirk sortof)

Back