• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

kn air filter for nitro

I installed a set last year & with exhaust i had to add more primary clutch weight. Ulmer racing just dynoed a set & got some good gains on their set up.

Hauck,you can order the air filters by themselves but i recommend what they call the power up kit you get the air filters, and fuel accelerator for $550 and trust me you'll feel the difference and everyone else you race will be able to see it lol... they have all kinds of mix and matches type if you want otherwise they have a GHT-R-DUN thats the fuel accelerator, air filters, husher pipe, and stage 5 clutch kit for $1,200

Race_blue60 said:
Hauck,you can order the air filters by themselves but i recommend what they call the power up kit you get the air filters, and fuel accelerator for $550 and trust me you'll feel the difference and everyone else you race will be able to see it lol... they have all kinds of mix and matches type if you want otherwise they have a GHT-R-DUN thats the fuel accelerator, air filters, husher pipe, and stage 5 clutch kit for $1,200

DITTO

Great overall package! One of the first with the complete set up ;)!

Race_blue60 said:

It's quick if you have them install it. The air filters themselves, are a little of a pain to get the clamps to grab. FYI

Just a Question, If you have the full excell exhaust with pcIII, it gives you 8hp, and if you add the k&n which gives you 3-4 will this add to hp which would make your sled have 11-12 hp more or will one cancel the other out? what i'm trying to say is what will they dyno together?

kingedwards99 said:
Just a Question, If you have the full excell exhaust with pcIII, it gives you 8hp, and if you add the k&n which gives you 3-4 will this add to hp which would make your sled have 11-12 hp more or will one cancel the other out? what i'm trying to say is what will they dyno together?

Id say theyd give you that many more ponies, you got the exhaust and filters to help it breathe right, then you have the PCIII that gives it the fuel it needs just because more air, more gas, more HP...if anything now if you have that with a stock clutch you cant be running where you should be or where u would be to make the most power the longest... Your motors working that much "harder" if you wanna say...so its spinng or going faster now than stock, clutch that thing and you'll be the one everyone wants to run into or the trail or lake

just installed my kn filters and yeah they are a pain to put in .... clean the throttle body and slide the horns with the clamps as tight as they would go with the spacer in the clamp....the secret is to tighten it one whole turn past that .... which you can do by grinding down the spacer a bit ....also i used a small 2 inch "S" shaped 4 mm allen key and found it easy to install. just dont waste your time trying to undo the clamps to take your air box off they actually are on there very loose i found and slid off without loosening them . my experince anyways . use at own risk

big difference in hp found i was reving out at 162kms at 9210 rpms with stock clutch and no fuel programmer . last year never once had the rpms over 9000 rpms thanks ulmer

Rode 200 miles yesterday with them on my 09 SE and they seem to work good. The Ulmer kit has spacers in them and won't allow you to fully clamp them down mine fell off yesterday during our ride... called allen at Ulmer he gave me some ideas rode again last night and they stayed on so we'll see!!! I also did the excell pipe and programmer and it runs great!

Back