• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knock Light

Yes running Hurricane 225/240/270 with 300 miles on it.

Clutching is Dalton DTYA-1

Sled is 2020. Track 137". 144 Studs

Upgraded BOV.

I always had a knock at 270hp. I always assumed fuel. Ran way better two weeks ago. So something happened.

Current belt is fine.

Rpm is good? should be 8800-9000 on a hard pull. Always had a knock, so check for boost leaks.. Are you able to see boost levels on your dash while riding sled?

I'm gonna say you are going to need to do those 6 intake boot clamps behind the throttle bodies for sure, and tighten up every boost clamp on the sled.

Hard to tell. I had to get a new communicator because my first one failed after one day. New one is in and I don't think data logging was installed. So that I may have to call on.

I put octane boost in for the first time today and knock went away. However I did have a knock on the 225 before that today.

It's crazy how two weeks ago it ran far better. Bothers me I couldn't even catch up.

Yea those 6 are the only ones I could tighten. The other clamps on the bov and charge tube are not able to be tighten as they are fully tight.

DeBo, What changes did you make to the clutching after you installed the tunes?

The day the Deto went away had outside temps gone up significantly by chance?

Same clutching recommend from Hurricane. Never changed.

Temps were 20 F degrees

I would think it would be associated with something you did seeing where it was running fine prior to that. Usually the boost leak will kinda creep up on you unless it's something that blows off due to a loose clamp.
I would make sure the top bolt on your new BOV is as tight as you can get it and as it's been stated before on here, cut the 5/16 " hose back an inch going into the top of the BOV

Also if you installed a new MAP sensor make sure that hose going into it is clamped tight

Always wonder why the bov spun so much at that small hose connector

Where abouts in NH are you? I'm in western Maine. I have a boost leak tester here if you want to use it. You can pm me if you do not want to disclose your location

Plug and play would be nice lol
unfortunately when you start adding this kind of power nothing is just plug and play.
That is why a site like this is invaluable.

Yup learn the hard way. Just was hoping. Fat chance lol.

I ride in a northern nh.

Back