• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kudos Ultimax!!

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro XTX, Hurricane Exhaust, K&N, Pcv, Autotune, Pod300, Star Suspension,
2018 Sidewinder, TD Max Spool 17, CAI, TD 3 Inch Stock Muffler Mod, 3Bar, BOV
I would like to say kudos to Ultimax. I purchased a belt from them in April of 2022. I used the belt the last part of the winter of 2023 and put 800 miles on it, i wanted to get a few miles on it, so i switched out my other Ultimax which had 1,800 miles on it. In March off 2023 i noticed a cord frayed on the belt, i contacted Ultimax as it was under warranty till April 2023 and my season was just about done. They got the engineer to look at the photos, he said it looked "JUST OKAY", but i was told if i had any issues to get in touch with them. This winter i put about 500 miles on that belt, while doing a few test pulls(in February) the belt blew at launch. I contacted the rep i was speaking to about the belt we had concerns about. A week later a new belt showed up at my doorstep and no shipping charged. What a great company to stand by there word and warranty a belt that was almost 2yrs old. KUDOS!!!!

I had a similar situation a few years ago with a Gates belt that I purchased from Thunder Products Clutching. I gave Tim a call at Thunder explaining the circumstance's regarding the belt delaminating and he took care of getting me a replacement belt ASAP.

It's great to have companies in this industry that stand behind their products and are pro-active in getting the problems resolved quickly.

Kudos to Ultimax, Gates, and Thunder Products. Hopefully some other TY members will share a positive story with the troops.

Over the years, I have run/experimented/tortured most of the belt brands out there. Today, there are a few I don't have experience with.
Going back to the first days of 998 turbos in 2017, Carlisle (who first produced the brand name Ultimax, and now owned by Timken), sent me and a couple of my turbo friends some "super" belts to test to see if they ould stand up to big power. We had good success but not 100%. I kept in touch with them along the way.
They always stood behind failed belts, even some that were "abused." I like the satisfaction of knowing that if I blow one up, I'll get a ew one free (sans postage). Great company who stands behind they're great belts. I won't run anything else. Thanks Timken!

Back