• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LED Headlights

Weapon X

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Has anybody tried latest LED headlights yet ? seems like a good idea ,they come in same color and lumens of HID's and draw way less power off of the sled.

yea just get like a 12" light bar be 10 times brighter than the stock light just would piss anyone off you would meet on the trail at night.

I'm going to be installing an LED light bar on my front bumper soon, wired up to the high beams. The only issue is most LEDs on the market are ~6000k which causes some pretty good snow blindness and has poor color rendition making it hard to pick out small objects. Some manufactures will build/make the lights with other K ratings is you ask. I'm ordering up a ~3700k from Rigid which is about the same color as bright halogens.

Weapon X said:
Has anybody tried latest LED headlights yet ? seems like a good idea ,they come in same color and lumens of HID's and draw way less power off of the sled.

Are you talking about an LED bulb replacement?

Im not sure they would be bright enough...? Most of the super bright light bars, etc use a super powerful LED combined with a specific reflector to achieve a good beam pattern. In our case it would be crapshoot tossing one into the Phazer headlight assembly.

Do you have a link to something you've found? What is the standard bulb# for the Phazer?

For various 12v and 110v applications I have had great luck with http://www.superbrightleds.com/ but have not tried any headlight replacements.

Not sure on that one, it says "Can be converted high or low light"

To me that sounds like high OR low, not both?

Having said that I have NEVER in 3 years used my brights...not sure if it would be an issue for you though

There junk I tried that style bulb in my street bike, totally useless waste of money, a candle would be better.

3-UP said:
There junk I tried that style bulb in my street bike, totally useless waste of money, a candle would be better.

X2 on that. Made the same mistake, take your money and flush it down the toilet, would be a better option.

Back