• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Left boot part fix

kperry

I bought the water protection plate for the left boot sydrome. Does anyone have pictures where it goes I can't figure it out.

Here is the pic.

Attachments

• 42.JPG
    42.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 98
No drilling necessary - you simply remove two bolts that are currently on the machine - put the plate in place and then reinstall the two bolts. If you put the plate in place like the photo above it will become easily apparent which two bolts to use. Hope this helps.

We have the plates in stock for $22.70 and you could order one from us or any Yamaha dealer for that matter but you may want to check with your local dealer as I see you are in Canada as some have said that they might be covering these under warranty in Canada but in the US they have not issued a warranty status on these so they need to be purchased from a dealer. Below is a link with the part number and some more info them.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=62975

Here is a great photo from Alatalo that really helped me with the installation.

Attachments

• t_09_plate_146.jpg
    t_09_plate_146.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 80
just talked to my dealer, and this is now a warranty recall for the USA...

as well as the ball joint thing...

I would suggest it's probably not a 'recall' in the sense that they're going to notify you. It's probably more of a service/tech bulletin for owners that complain about a wet left foot or loose ball joints. You'll probably have to contact your dealer.

well, it is free to any person walkin/calling in...it is not a charge item...so call it whatever we want...but am not going to buy it when I can get it free...

Back