• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Less then 100 miles, LTX SE in shop twice!!

Do you ruin a gasket on muffler and need a new one? That is what I was told, that is why I asked them to do it. If not I will check it as soon as I get it back.[/quote]
If they supposedly just checked it the gasket will come out without wrecking it. i had rode mine about 20 miles since a new gasket it and that one came out just fine also. the gasket is only 4 bucks i think if you happen to break it.[/quote]

Holy crap only $4, dealer charged me $23 plus tax.

^ Same here. Have yet to bring my sled into the shop (despite the shop asking me to bring it in for "service". Did my own oil change, had loose hose clamps, chain too loose (and then over tightened it), throws a code every now and then but I quit worrying about it. The effort of loading up the rig and delivering it to the dealer ( and return trip home) is more work than just fixing these piddly things myself.

Have over 1500 miles on it now. Hoping for Yamaha to come up with a re-flash to fix this annoying warm start issue (I don't shut it off getting gas anymore) and every now and then it will throw a 30 code and run rough when coming up to a stop. It always cleans it self up shortly after it happens. I quit worrying about that too.

These things do bother me but it makes no sense to bring it in as I know the problem will not occur in the short time the mechanic looks at it. I have no time for " I don't know what to tell ya...didn't do it here". Screw them. Ill just wait for the re-flash recall and have them do the chaincase update at the same time.

Hoping I can finish out the season with no problems. Im about to stab a fork in it anyways. Got one..maybe two weekends left of the season. Its been a good one for sure.

Zrxpilot said:
^ Same here. Have yet to bring my sled into the shop (despite the shop asking me to bring it in for "service". Did my own oil change, had loose hose clamps, chain too loose (and then over tightened it), throws a code every now and then but I quit worrying about it. The effort of loading up the rig and delivering it to the dealer ( and return trip home) is more work than just fixing these piddly things myself.

Have over 1500 miles on it now. Hoping for Yamaha to come up with a re-flash to fix this annoying warm start issue (I don't shut it off getting gas anymore) and every now and then it will throw a 30 code and run rough when coming up to a stop. It always cleans it self up shortly after it happens. I quit worrying about that too.

These things do bother me but it makes no sense to bring it in as I know the problem will not occur in the short time the mechanic looks at it. I have no time for " I don't know what to tell ya...didn't do it here". Screw them. Ill just wait for the re-flash recall and have them do the chaincase update at the same time.

Hoping I can finish out the season with no problems. Im about to stab a fork in it anyways. Got one..maybe two weekends left of the season. Its been a good one for sure.

X2

Back