• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lets hear/see what you ride!

Just go to this link http://community.webshots.com/user/iowagrizz660

He's got lots of cool pics there. ;)!

Iowagrizz660,

Do you know if those are 23 & 22" ITP Holeshots on that Raptor? http://community.webshots.com/photo/129 ... 2810PVMrAT
If so did the gearing need to be changed for "normal" riding?

Going from the stock 20" rears to 22" with the stock 13/40 sprockets changes the final ratio from .325 to .295 but I'm wondering what it means in the real world. I'd like to gain some ground clearance but hate to give up the low end grunt.

Sledder if you lift that Rappy with 22's your going to want to change the gearing to keep that grunt you like. I would think changing the front by one tooth (lower) or getting a larger rear by 2-3 teeth would get you were you want to be. I'm sure you could do all the math and come up with a scientific solution if you so desire.

That Rappy in the photo looks to me like it has the stock 21" Dunlops on front with a 20" Itp Holeshot XCR on the back.

Thanks Kev,

A 12 tooth front or a 44 tooth rear will put the ratio pretty close to where it is now if I put on 22" rears.

I was just looking for a little more clearance to maybe not get stuck quite as often when I'm riding with all you tractor guys in Hurley.

The kid's Warrior just happens to have a nearly new set of 23 & 22" ITP Holeshot XCT skins and it looked like a free upgrade. I should know by now that nothing's free.
:ORC

well sleeder hope he answered your question cus that was my buddies raptor, and I know nothing of them or anything about his setup! He just sent it into the shop to get the high compresion piston, full exhaust, and stage II cam installed!

Thanks Iowagrizz,

Kevin's got me pointed in the right direction now but he's strongly recommending that I bring my own Grizzly for the Hurley ride July 16-18.

Does your buddy get through the mud OK when you go riding or is there a lot of towing involved?

I'm just concerned that my own Grizzly will get jealous when it sees all those other Grizzlys and start wanting new shoes, skirts and its very own 'wench'.

We have alot of ditch trail over here and thats mostly when he rides with us! When we ride private land we are crossing the river quite a bit so he doesn't go on those rides!

But over all it did very well in the snow this winter!

Thanks Iowasgrizz660,

I can understand not doing the river crossings, I'm just looking to get through the odd mud hole here and there on the trails.

I'm about set up for the next adventure with full underside armor and 23/22" ITP Holeshot XCT tires. New gearing of 12/42 gives me a little more torque and brings the top end down a bit to better suit woods trail riding.

The motor will remain stock until I upgrade the fuel tank. I've already rolled into the motel on fumes and would prefer to carry something other than a spare gas can on my 6-pack rack. That's better used for having something to bribe my tractor-riding buds to tow me out of 'sippi' holes.
:drink:

pic of the shee

Attachments

• shee 350 2.jpg
    shee 350 2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 122
Well heres my ride.shes mostly stock except EPI clutch kit.As you can see its street legal here in montana. :Rockon:

Attachments

• dback1.JPG
    dback1.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 111
  • dside2.JPG
    dside2.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 113
  • dside.JPG
    dside.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 123

Back