• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lets see.. BEST CLUTCH KIT?

apexg88

Pro
Havent found a thread where the different clutch kits are compared. I am interested in buying one but there are so many out there i cant decide they all claim to be the best???
If you have a clutch post the pros and cons.
If you've raced someone with a different clutch kit then you, post the results?
Low end, mid range, top end, overall?

Fix power sports? Pioneer performance? Ulmer? Boss? No Name? Which manufacturer has the best performing clutch kit? :Rockon:

I can say the Pioneer didn't turn any heads at our local drags last year! A little better than stock but had to tweak myself with primary spring and add weight on tip, better now. But for out of box performance was not impressed. Don't forget, all the clutch work is in vain if you can't get the power to the ground, i.e.. studs!!

apexg88 said:
Havent found a thread where the different clutch kits are compared. I am interested in buying one but there are so many out there i cant decide they all claim to be the best???
If you have a clutch post the pros and cons.
If you've raced someone with a different clutch kit then you, post the results?
Low end, mid range, top end, overall?

Fix power sports? Pioneer performance? Ulmer? Boss? No Name? Which manufacturer has the best performing clutch kit? :Rockon:

Personally I would try Ulmer or a Dalton setup.

I really liked dragon fly's on my appex gt last year. I had 23/40 gears and some other mild mods. Fastest top end I got was 119mph gps. This set up rocked. I tried other sets befor. Scott really helped me out.
This year I have an 07 attack gt with yamacharger. I haven't completely got it set up yet. Still working on it.

j-mac said:
I really liked dragon fly's on my appex gt last year. I had 23/40 gears and some other mild mods. Fastest top end I got was 119mph gps. This set up rocked. I tried other sets befor. Scott really helped me out.
This year I have an 07 attack gt with yamacharger. I haven't completely got it set up yet. Still working on it.

Do you have you clutch cut?
Because 23/40 gearing will stop at 114-115 Mph with no clutch cut.

Re: Clutch parts

enticer294 said:
Silver Secondery spring set at 100 degree twist 2-3 Mph Stronger Midrange cost 25 bucks
...are you not making alot of heat and friction at the 100 degree setting which in the long run kills HP..??

Clutch kit

I don't know if Ted Jennetty makes a kit for a Apex or not but my clutch kit, air box mod and jetting has made my 05 RX1 a hot rod. Give him a call.

Back