• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Let's see what everyone is working on away from the keyboard...

Anyone here follow MotoGP? I subscribe to it so I watch it all live.
Great entertainment. Race on tomorrow morning at 8:00
New top speed record set today by Ducati, 226 MPH.
One liter four cylinder NA engines.

New top speed record set today by Ducati, 226 MPH.
One liter four cylinder NA engines.

New top speed record in MotoGP. Definitely impressive especially for a bike that still looks like a bike and doubly impressive because it was set on a road course. The land speed record for under 1000cc is over 245 MPH. Top speed on liter bikes is typically limited to under 200 Mph by convention as the industry sees that as the current soft limit for any road. Kawasaki is the outlier here as they claim to have designed the H2R to do 380Kph (236 MPH) and that it is capable of 400KPH.

So Ducati has finally done something in Moto GP since 2007 worth mentioning?

Yes, with a Ducati 8 bike field full of top tier riders they are finally making some headway. And.. with Mark headed back to the surgeons knife and Mir/Rins distracted by Suzukis exit from MotoGP that basically leaves Ducati with just Aprilia as competition. It does look like KTM have maybe, maybe found something in the last race as well but still a long ways to go and its hard to see them competing with 8 Ducatis in 2022.

So Ducati has finally done something in Moto GP since 2007 worth mentioning?
I'm no Ducati fan, but their engine performance is admirable. This isn't to say the top speed of others isn't far behind.
Yes, they did struggle greatly for years and years in the turning and handling department and only finally broke through last year.
The other thing this highlights is just how much drag a snowmobile has compared to a bike, that affects top speed greatly.

I guess I can join in this one. I see it doesn't have to be automotive/mechanical, although I do a lot of that too.

I just finished working on the deck. Built the deck itself 4-5 years ago but never did the railings. Wanted privacy screens so just added these shutters that can be opened and closed like blinds. Also added skirting made with fence boards. Just finished the skirting on the weekend.

PXL_20220521_143721375_resized492417875231948651.jpgPXL_20220525_215537453_resized9058290904807823014.jpgPXL_20220525_215557326_resized4978593015712082605.jpg

And my baby, a 2011 Chevy Caprice PPV. It's probably the only one in Canada with the 6.0L (heard another guy brought up a V6 version). Main mods are a Pontiac G8 seats and console, wheels, headers and exhaust and dyno tuned to 400 HP (stock 360 HP). This thing is such a sleeper since nobody here knows what it is.

file.php

If you want to see more of it and more info:

I'm no Ducati fan, but their engine performance is admirable. This isn't to say the top speed of others isn't far behind.
Yes, they did struggle greatly for years and years in the turning and handling department and only finally broke through last year.
The other thing this highlights is just how much drag a snowmobile has compared to a bike, that affects top speed greatly.

Especially when you consider how much aero the MotoGP bikes are carrying these days. They are losing considerable top end with all the downforce they are generating.

Nice finishes from Americans Roberts and Beaubier yesterday in Moto2. I'd like to see Beaubier in WSBK someday if he doesn't move up to the top class in MotoGP
Probably my most favorite season ever was 2009 in WSBK cheering American Ben Spies on. Taking the the championship on the Yamaha in his rookie year. Great racing.

Nice finishes from Americans Roberts and Beaubier yesterday in Moto2. I'd like to see Beaubier in WSBK someday if he doesn't move up to the top class in MotoGP
Probably my most favorite season ever was 2009 in WSBK cheering American Ben Spies on. Taking the the championship on the Yamaha in his rookie year. Great racing.

I think Beaubier is starting to get it and hopefully by the end of the season he and the team will have enough information/confidence to set their goals higher next year, I think this year is still learning for all involved. He seems or the bike is, hard on tires. While he has tires under him his pace is good then comes the eventual fade. He would be an awesome addition to WSBK.

I think Beaubier is starting to get it and hopefully by the end of the season he and the team will have enough information/confidence to set their goals higher next year, I think this year is still learning for all involved. He seems or the bike is, hard on tires. While he has tires under him his pace is good then comes the eventual fade. He would be an awesome addition to WSBK.
I saw a news feed that Yamaha has recruited a former Ferrarri engine guy to try to extract more power from the M1.
It's a good bike but clearly lacking top end HP

Working on a new to me toy for the Grandkids! I picked this up last spring for 1000 cash with 2300 miles on it . I think I made a good deal .

Installed new battery and my old “Arrow “ skis out front and a new recoil rope . The Gentleman included a cover, lift stand for the rear , a box of plugs , gallon of oil and a spare belt.
We had 4” of snow on the ground but the last two days have been high 40’s and 85% is gone .

Redbeard you around ? Has your son installed a turbo on one of those sleds yet ??

Attachments

• 4DB097CE-2C30-4980-A3CF-E8A891C2A458.jpeg
    4DB097CE-2C30-4980-A3CF-E8A891C2A458.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 59
  • CEC9C364-3EA0-430F-8DF6-42BD7A02A9FB.jpeg
    CEC9C364-3EA0-430F-8DF6-42BD7A02A9FB.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 63
  • E295E072-B253-4F8D-82C5-0B402B2B4B11.jpeg
    E295E072-B253-4F8D-82C5-0B402B2B4B11.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 57
Beaubier back to the USA for next year. I was hoping he would have went to WSBK. Gardner moving to WSBK.
Gerlof switching to BMW. It seems to me he is afraid to attempt passes.
Gagne made an appearance in WSBK, ran OK, but I was expecting a bit more.
My take away from all of this is that I have come to realize just how good Ben Spies really was.

Back