• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lightweight hood and light options

Jonny Rocket

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 MXC boosted Nitro
I have shed enough weight from the rear of my sled and need to shed some weight up front. I am considering a lightweight hood for my 04 RX-1 but am very concerned about lighting. I am usually riding at night when coming back from a ride. I see people using PIAA lights and was wondering how much light do they really give you? Also, who has the best lightweight hoods. I would want one w/some wind protection.

Thanks,

J.

If you are looking for a cheap solution go with a Mountain Mod windshield on the stock hood. I have Murray's windshield on my sled and it workks well and looks good. lThe majority of the weight loss on hoods comes from eliminating the light pod etc. I use a 55w Pia style light on my mesh hood and it is plenty of light if you don't need to go 70 mph. Mountain Mod makes the trickest lightweight hoods for sure but they aren't cheap. That said all of Murray's products are very well made so you do get what you pay for.

www.mountainmod.com

You'll like what you see there.

Back