• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Limiter strap tearing with Star kit?

Grantzilla54

Hi guys,
I just bought a 2012 Xtx with 2700miles on it. I just ordered the Star kit for it and was wondering if I should
worry about the limiter straps breaking with the addition to this kit, I read some guys having issues with them tearing? Also is it recommended to move down a hole like Robert says, read some keep it at the stock setting for there liking, guess I have to experience myself?

Thanks

Mine still looks like new in 5700 miles, I moved mine a hole down.

Went tighter,

Up one hole on mine, running Star kit, saw this post and had to check but they look fine. There was a spacer Robert added between the plates to eliminate vibration wearing on the shaft but not sure if that has anything to do with straps tearing. If they do break and your running the front shock without the shim he adds on the revalve, that's supposedly big trouble under load.

Both of mine went after approx 10000km. I noticed them becoming worn before they went and ordered replacements so was prepared when they let go.

I would highly advise Star's front rear shock mod otherwise you will have some carnage if the straps go....in my case you almost didn't notice they were gone.

I pulled my straps one hole per Star's installation instruction recommendations.

I was just going to add the kit without getting the shocks redone yet? Robert said the kit alone makes the biggest change,and I would be alright with just his kit.He didn't mention anything about the possibility of carnage without the shock mod? Guess I will call him again!

Back