• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Limiter Strap

woolyviper

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Phazer RTX
if the limiter strap has slack in it when I am sitting on it, should i suck it up so that it actually pulls up on the front of the skid - I am looking to smooth out the ride and I am close - I have the fron shock all the way out.

I was just out looking at mine no more than two minutes ago, and mine has slack too. I haven't ridden mine much yet but I'm going to go for a long ride tomorrow and really get used to the stock feel and then do adjustments and then go the next day and see what happens. I have noticed that my skis don't dig in as much as I'd like while turning, so the first thing I'm going to do is tighten up the strap. Let me know how it works for you.

I am no suspension expert, but it is my understanding that if you tighten the limiter strap you will increase ski pressure, but will also change the geometry of the suspension, and reduce travel. I simply increased the preload on my front shocks for increased ski pressure. This helped to solve the excessive pushing in corners. Just my two cents.

how do i fix my darting ??? had it out today put on 160 miles and it just darted all over the place, any help would be great thanks todd in wis.

snopro442 said:
how do i fix my darting ??? had it out today put on 160 miles and it just darted all over the place, any help would be great thanks todd in wis.

Maybe too much ski pressure? If you have too much weight on the skis, they'll dig into ruts more and follow them rather than floating over the top.

thats what it is doing, how can i fix it? tighter strap or???? thanks for your time and help

You'd loosen it to put more of the front of the skid on the ground. This will take weight off the skis.

thanks i will try it and also what about the adjuster block for the rear springs, it has 3 settings i put it to the highest one should i set it back down to the lowest setting? i am 170 lbs, thanks again for your help

The limiter strap is set two different settings between the GT model and the FX model. It runs looser on the FX and its one hole tighter on the GT models. They run the FX looser to help keep the front end lighter for ditch banging or deeper snow conditions. I know when I run just the trails I shorten my strap on my FX and it helps it steer better in the trails. But it does try to dart more when its shorter. I am thinking on installing some dooley carbides because they help the darting probem that occurs on trail riding. My two cents.

snopro442 said:

Woody's 6" Doolys. Worth every penny! From hard to steer and very darty, to easy to steer and NO darting.

The Nytro guys came up with a very good tip that works for darting.The rubber puck under the spindle in the ski can be turned around this makes your skis ride on the backs more.Works great.

Back