• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

limiter straps broken

maniac

Pro
broke both straps at the top yamaha said i cant adjust myself. i have to get mechanic to adjust or no more warranty. ok fine so i said i want them to move them one hole down so i have some steering and not pulling front end up all the time. they said no we cant there is a problem when you have it in any other position other than stock. they said they are going to come up with a fix for this has any body heard this or have another fix other than bigger washers

had a yamaha rep come and look at it and he is the one who said that i had to leave it in stock position because there is no issues with it then. well i have been riding for 15 years and this is usually the first adjustment i make. i can see what happens when i adjust it the strap bolt hits the track at the top and twists the strap not sure what to do without welding a bar to stop it from from hitting the track

Well sometimes I think those reps don't know as much as they think they do. For example last demo ride one of them was tellin me that yamahas stock skis are as good as aftermarket skis. Now we all know that's bs! #$%&*

I noticed one of my straps being broke with only 350 miles on the sled. Waiting for parts and havent heard if Yamaha has given my dealer any info to a possible problem or fix. I made 4 new ones today out of baler belt and will keep them with me as spares incase it happens again.

I replaced mine at 700 miles, not broken yet but very close. What I did to fix mine was this--I used square stud backers instead of the round washers for the upper strap holes, I also applied some spray adhesive to where the upper strap wraps around the arm. Sprayed the adhesive, SNUGGED the backers, put the machine on a stand so the suspension was extended and the straps were straight, then TIGHTENED the bolts and backers. I have 1800 miles on now, and the straps haven't moved a milimeter. (I actually marked them so I would know) Don't think I'll have to change them again.

Back