• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

looking for info on apex ported head and camshaft

cam,s

i run ray,s cam,s and a few other thing,s what would you like to know? the key word here is cam,s not cam meaning both. ;)!

Can i change both cam's whit no porting and power commander 3 whit different mapping and still gain 20-25 hp?

Can i take cam's for 2004 R1 street bike and put in apex motor?

Anybody else can reply on the subject...I really want to go forward with this mod but not enough information.

Rock the apex already had the r1 race cam in it and the rx1 have factory stock cam in them.

Generally (from what's been seen on the RX-1 as well as the Apex) changing just the cam profile provides a 5-7 hp gain over stock, but nothing major.

I'm all for motor mods, and I have had pm's with dynoray about this stuff before. I think it's about 1200 bucks for the head work, and total cost could end up being 2400+/- if you send your motor to him, have him do the mods.
IMO, if it truly will have 185+ horsepower, and wouldn't loose much torque, it would be an awesome ride!
Nate

Back