• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

looking for part number heavier spring for apex gt

The Attak and Apex ER/RTX models all come with a Kayaba rear shock stock. The Apex GT comes with the Electronic Ohlins rear shock. The springs/part numbers offered for the Kayaba shock are as follows

8FU-47489-00-00 SPRING 1 (K=44.1N/MM) Stock on Apex ER/RTX
8FU-47489-10-00 SPRING 1 (K=63.7N/MM) Spring in Accessory Catalog for Apex ER/RTX - Retails for $99.95
8FU-47489-20-00 SPRING 1 (K=29.4N/MM) Optional softer than stock spring Retail roughly $200
8FU-47489-30-00 SPRING 1 (K=78.5N/MM) Optional extremely heavy spring Retail roughly $200
8FT-47489-00-00 SPRING 1 (K=49.0N/MM) Stock on Attak
8FT-47489-10-00 SPRING 1 (K=68.6N/MM) Spring in Accessory Catalog for Attak -Retails for $99.95

Here are the available springs/part numbers for the Electronic shock found in the Apex GT.

Stock Spring Rate-4.9
GYT-8GD47-00-00(Ohlins #696-11) Rate-5.5 Spring in Accessory Catalog for Apex GT -Retails for $99.95
GYT-8GD47-10-00(Ohlins #696-19) Rate-7.0 Retails for $99.95 Attak with optional electronic Ohlins???

Note: The higher the rate the stiffer the spring. In general we have had very good results with riders looking for less bottoming but keeping good ride quality with the springs Yamaha has listed in the accessory catalogs for each model however if you have extreme circumstances you might want to look at the other offered springs. We offer discounted pricing on all these springs feel free to give me a call if you have any questions. Thanks

GYT-8GD47-00 is likely the same spring as Ohlins part number 696-11 (5.5 kg/mm, 54 N/mm, 308 lbs/inch). This spring is the stiffer accessory option for the american Apex GT.

GYT-8GD47-10 is likely the same spring as Ohlins part number 696-19 (7.0 kg/mm, 70 N/mm, 400 lbs/inch). This is the standard spring from the european RX-1 GT. In my opinion, this spring is a little bit too stiff to be combined with the rebound damping from the american Apex GT (people who have tried felt the shock got underdamped). An american Apex GT with this spring will likely need stronger rebound damping than standard.

Ohlins can offer 696-springs in steps of 0.2 kg/mm, 2 N/mm, 11 lbs/inch, but you should be able to find a good setup with the ones that Yamaha is offering.

The shock absorbers for Attak and RX Warrior have got stiffer springs than the shock absorbers for Apex and RX-1.

quick question re Attak vs Apex spring

Am I correct to assume that there is no difference in size between the Apex and Attak springs?

That is, I could put the heavier Apex spring in my Attak or you could put the heavier Attak spring in an Apex?

Just want to make sure before ordering...

GW

gkw - you are correct the Apex (non electric Ohlins) and Attak sleds all use the same style spring and are interchangeable. You can choose from any of the springs mentioned above for those models.

Alatalo said:
GYT-8GD47-00 is likely the same spring as Ohlins part number 696-11 (5.5 kg/mm, 54 N/mm, 308 lbs/inch). This spring is the stiffer accessory option for the american Apex GT.

GYT-8GD47-10 is likely the same spring as Ohlins part number 696-19 (7.0 kg/mm, 70 N/mm, 400 lbs/inch). This is the standard spring from the european RX-1 GT. In my opinion, this spring is a little bit too stiff to be combined with the rebound damping from the american Apex GT (people who have tried felt the shock got underdamped). An american Apex GT with this spring will likely need stronger rebound damping than standard.

Ohlins can offer 696-springs in steps of 0.2 kg/mm, 2 N/mm, 11 lbs/inch, but you should be able to find a good setup with the ones that Yamaha is offering.

The shock absorbers for Attak and RX Warrior have got stiffer springs than the shock absorbers for Apex and RX-1.

alto, I'm worried that the rebound wont handle the bigger spring. I'm at 3 clicks from full off rebound now with stock spring which is bottoming hard everywhere. If I go to the 5.5 spring I'm concerned the rebound will be bouncy. thoughts?

I went with the 696-19 (stiffest spring) and rebound is not any worse than with stock spring.

BADSLED said:
I went with the 696-19 (stiffest spring) and rebound is not any worse than with stock spring.

Well rebound is pretty bouncy with stock spring too.

Anyone know if the ohlins 696-11 is in stock? Any contact info for ohlins, I cant even find their website. Thanks.

Back