• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking to possibly move from Ski-Doo to Yamaha

You won't find better deals than right now. I have an Apex and last year I loved it and spent zero dollars on any extras. I never had hyfax or wheel problems in 2000 miles. I guess if your worried about the track then I'm sure you could work out a deal on a track exchange with your dealer. I also noticed that the first thing you mention you want in a sled is "dependability", you can't get better dependability than Yamaha.

I think if you get a four stroke you wont go back. I'm a die hard dooer of 20-some years and bought a Nytro and so far love it. The motor is excellent.

Sounds like for the type of riding that you do though, maybe a mountain lite would work well for you. These four strokes do come with more weight to throw around and will require more work on your part when off trail.

Rik...I have to say no to the Bug-Lite. Man that is one ugly beast in my opinion plus with only 80 ponies I would fear that my 300 + lb frame would be too much for the poor little thing. Just looked at where you live...since you are a Canadian I live in Newfoundland so you know the conditions that we run in/on here.

Make the move.
I moved from Cat to Yamaha and love it.
Actually, did not move from Cat, still have 2 big 3holers, just in case the urge for pure speed overcomes my need for an all around comfortable, high speed ride.

I have 1500 miles on my Apex GT and my last sled was a REV 800. The only issue I had was I blew two idler wheels. The best running sled I ever owned and the best ride. The renegade is a great sled, but there motors suck, I know, I put in two of them in my 03 REV 800. The Yamaha's are add gas and go..... No oil, no changing plugs and there belts last 3-4000 miles. They trully are a great sled. AND the best is they sound awesome. Get the Attack and don't look back.

For what it's worth, I've got an '06 Attak. I trail ride & have not boondocked the sled. I've added a rear heat exchanger ($450), studs & Woody's 8" Doolys. I had the '07 handlebar update done but haven't yet confirmed if they're warmer than what was on ther last year. I ride w/lots of Doo guys on various Revs & the Attak is way more comfortable & corners better than a Rev. Overall I'm pleased w/the Attak but I am dissapointed in fuel mileage & range, I get 13 - 16mpg. I also find the sled to be a technical marvel but the sled is very complex. I'm a do-it-yourselfer (for the most part) & I miss the simplicity of a carbed 2-stroke. Tough call but after riding my sled & Revs, I still tilt the scale in favor of the Attak.

i was at my dealer the other day and like someone said you can get a smoking deal on a sled now, but he also mentioned that the new yamaha sno-x that you see now will be a production sled replacing the vector style. buy now and get a deal or waite and see what comes out in the next couple of months. also the ripsaw track is coming on many different brand sleds now, not just yamaha great trail track and loose snow but no matter what sled its on it just doenst perfrom as well as block style track at the same lug height in powder.

I got over 1,500 miles on my 1st set of hyfax...the internet seems to misslead people sometimes because of ALL the talk..its just talk!.. Most all the things I have done are MODS...just to enhance what we already have in a great machine..yes sometimes you do have problems and recalls as all manufactures DO...but this forum Yamaha does read and we know they listen because they are striving to be the best. But there are some things they Do have to contend with ...thats the price of the competitors and sometimes to keep cost down they try to save $1.00 here and there literally ..such as switching the companys as to which they purchased boggy wheels...BIG mistake to save a buck! Also alot of things that are talked about in here is about preventative maintainance...if you pay attension to somethings in here you can avoid the little things that go bad on these machines such as the drive shaft bearing that turns the cog gear on these Yammis has NO grease fitting...but no big deal if you read this forum and how to grease it ...and if you dont I can just about guarantee it will go bad and leave you stranded on a trail somewhere at about 5,000 miles..use a good Marine grease after cleaning out this bearing at about every other ytear and you will have no problems there! etc etc etc...hope this helps you!

After reading your post I have searched for and have not found the information about greasing the drive shaft.

Can you post the link or provide the information regarding the lubrication location?

Thanks!

Sean,
I just bought a leftover '06 Attak and have put about 520 miles on it since December 28th. I have only been on groomed trails and some lakes so far so I do not know how it will perform in the deep stuff.

So far I love this sled, it is the first sled I have ever owned so I do not have any experience with the other manufacturer's. I was looking for a sled with good performance, low maintenance and reliability.

PM me if you want to know what I got my leftover for.

BTW, I ride with my brother-in-law and he has a 1000 Gade. He is real impressed with my Attak so far and encouraged me to buy this sled.

I would wait till 08, my dealer tells my the new nytro is a 3cyl fuel injected 140HP in the phaser chassis.

now that would rock!!

rumour mill says the apex is going to get a 15hp boost.

doo or yamaha

don't want to start a war but if it were me would get a 600 sdi renegade, lighter better milage, better off trail flotation.
was a skidoo guy for 25 years or more and last year went to apex and will not look back, but I trail with very little of trail.
on trail yamaha(bumpy or not)
off trail (meaning no trail ) ski-doo
hope I don't get to much sht over this
ckm

Back