• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lost RPMs after dealer service?

347strokin

Expert
I just had my 08 Apex LTX GT in for the first oil change at 800 kms.
The dealership checked belt deflection, clutch alignment, track tension, and did some greasing etc.
Now that I have my sled back it won't pull past 9800 rpms.
Does anybody have an idea as to why this is?
Thanks.

I'd be taking it back to them. If they did something to it, they should fix it.
At least call them and tell them the problem, and see if they can tell you exactly what it was that they worked on.
It may be somehing that you don't need to take it back for if they can tell you what they did.
It may sound very dumb, but check the parking brake as well. I'm sure we've all had that happen once or twice!

Could it be conditions? My sled varys greatly from 11000 on glare ice too 9900 on snow. Just a thought...............

The track could be a bit tighter than I usually run it.
Iam thinking it is just the snow conditions. The past month has been mostly packed trails and river running. Today there is a lot of fresh snow coverage. When I open it up on the hardpack she's pulling 10300.
Thanks for the replies.

Only 500 miles on the motor might effect it too. Once she is broken in she should turn a few more rev's.

I've had mine in the shop a few times for services/repairs and every time I bring it home I have to loosen the track.

I started to lose RPMs a while back and then blew a belt a couple weeks ago. Changed the belt and RPMs were right back where they were and after about an hour of riding I noticed they fell off again, (from 10,800 to 10,200). Got it back in the garage and discovered I spit the right side hyfax out the back. I think that was the culprit this time.

But with the few miles on yours I'd guess track.

Back