• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lost RPMS

Toolman

Extreme
Heres a good one. Installed a HC-X secondary cover. Ran 10,200 to 10,400 and worked well except would over-rev on top presumably because of progressive helix going flat and needing more to upshift. Ran some lakes in Wisconsin and it would hit 110 like a wall. Not getting up on primary very far so I geared to 22/38 from 23/38(clutches are machined for overdrive).
Ran this weekend and was wicked fast but hit the wall at 100. When we got out on the railroad bed it went right to 100 several times and suddenly it was 110 and climbing every time you squeezed. The ZR800 and Pro-X I was with could only run 90, this was with about 4-5 inches of loose powder and no base.
Now for the wierd part, every squeeze would give 10,200-10,400 and now it goes 9800 down low and climbs to 10,400. The HH set up is the exact same one I have ran for nearly all of last year and never touched this year.
It is like the secondary needed to break in but I've never seen anything like it. :? Any ideas?
Also ran 105 in 1000' feet at a local radar run but at that time it still felt like it was laying down about 700' and 90-95mph. Now it pulls like nothing else. One fast"heavy pig"

Your gearing was too low. I have geared mine down to 24/40 but lost performance. I am going back up to 24/38.

The lost RPMs didn't occur after the gear change but during the middle of a ride. Also the engagement RPM is still the same. What performance did you lose when you changed? Top end? Acceleration?

I lost low end & mid but top end seems similar. RPM,s will change with weather & air density changes too.

Back