• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

M7 Skid install

RXMax

Expert
Anyone have any pics or advice? Tried the search function but came up with a lot of results of nothing.. :o| Looking to use a 141 M7 and use a 153 Challenger extreme. I thought I read that you can use the existing from holes and then just move the rear brackets?

Thanks!

That will be a sweet setup! in order to pull it off, you will need to go with 7 tooth, 3" pitch drivers and you will have to grind down the lip on the front tunnel cooler. Not much clearance with this setup, but it will work. Only other alternative is a Drop & Roll on the chaincase, and you probably don't want to do that! Good luck!

Aaron

I am already running the 153 track with my stock MTN suspension. Adding the m7 skid for weight loss and improved approach angle. The 2.25 clears with room to spare.

There are pleanty of us that have put the AC skid on the RX. I found all the info needed in the aftermarket suspension section. Go way back to the beginning. Here is one that is nice.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=2845

The only thing you will need are different dropdown brackets for the new mounting location. Sounds like you have done all the other work when you put the 153 in. Center to center from front mount bolt to rear is 31-1/4"

J.

Back