• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Maine Trail conditions???

MarkRTX

Expert
Looking for some real reports on conditions in the Jackman,Greenvile area and further North County area. How is the riding with lack of snow? Any good cruising out there and I mean 80 plus mph cruising Thanks for any info doing the snow dance as we speak too :jump:

X2, Northern lakes must be good at least to crank em up! Pittston farm reports 10 inches, Jackman is grooming with moderate conditons. St John valley has about the same. Thats about it. MEsnow is a good web site if any trail conditions are possible.

We just returned from Fort Kent tuesday, trails were great ! , some of our best conditions ever , it was a little nippy (-12 at one point ! ) . The forecast was for more snow in small amounts of 2 to 4 inches for a likely 8 inches by the weeks end. Kevin , the owner of the Crossroad Cabins assured us good conditions ,he always steers us right ! Traffic on the trails was almost nill I am sure this was due to the snow cover map ,the potato fields showed some grass but not the actual trail because of the grooms, not one bad trail from the Allagash ,Grand Isle ,Stockholm,Sinclair,Long Lake ,Eagle Lake , Wallgrass , Soldiers Pond or any other place we hit .Wish we could have stayed longer !!! And to answer your guestion 80 mph ? well over 100 mph possible in many places on trails , a little too much pixie dust for my liking to do this if not leading . Can not wait to go back , already booked next trip . Its a long ride from my house ,8 hrs, but worth it .Hope the snow gets a lot closer so we dont eat up a day each way . :jump: :Rockon:

Most of north and western hills got 2 -4" yesterday and temps are dropping so I expect things are getting much better in those area's! I am heading up for a few days end of Jan into Feb. Yes, most trails are plus 100 all day! Railroad beds and logging roads and of course lakes!

Back