• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Max17 First lake run....painful.

Maybe try a different wrap on the secondary?

I don’t recall what wrap I had it at, but I lost 5-6 mph on top with the B/O compared to my stock secondary spring at 3-3.

Track is good, 1/4" sag, 1.25" lug

Not perfect but very doable. I've ran on this type of surface many times
35° helix
21/41
Speedo numbers are going fast. Then just stops. 117mph is too low to top out 21/41???

My clutch weight to achieve rpm seems low. I was expecting to be @ 74g+
I have a Dalton BLK BRZ I could try & a Yamaha wht/Blu/wht
I would try the Black/Bronze..close enough to the black/blue and adjust weight from there.. If running the stock bov..some use to turn it backwards to try..believe there is info on here about it. Should be close to 76grams and 18lbs boost...i take it your running a performance muffler? I ran 121mph with draggy in 1/4 on snow...nothing to brag about just giving you an idea of what you should be close to.

Try running a newer helix off 20 or newer sidewinder and stock spring setting. I think Yamaha had a discounted price on helix kit but not 100% sure

Maybe try a different wrap on the secondary?

I don’t recall what wrap I had it at, but I lost 5-6 mph on top with the B/O compared to my stock secondary spring at 3-3.
Secondary is warmer than primary & belt. Wish I had my stock spring with. Just to see.
I would try the Black/Bronze..close enough to the black/blue and adjust weight from there.. If running the stock bov..some use to turn it backwards to try..believe there is info on here about it. Should be close to 76grams and 18lbs boost...i take it your running a performance muffler? I ran 121mph with draggy in 1/4 on snow...nothing to brag about just giving you an idea of what you should be close to.
Yes, I'll try black bronze & more weight.
Try running a newer helix off 20 or newer sidewinder and stock spring setting. I think Yamaha had a discounted price on helix kit but not 100% sure
It sounds like the 35° helix is like the "go to" helix. I'm not sure it would kill my top end???

In my mind stay with the proven set up i had mentioned then go from there. Should get you close.

Likely a boost leak. Are these gps or speedo speeds? My sleds speedo seems to run 5% slower than other turbo sleds I ride with. Hurricane tunes. 117ish is where you run out of gearing before the clutches go into over drive

In my mind stay with the proven set up i had mentioned then go from there. Should get you close.
Blu Wht Blu is the yam spring
BLK BRZ is Dalton.
I have the wrong sequence on Yamaha spring. Sorry
Likely a boost leak. Are these gps or speedo speeds? My sleds speedo seems to run 5% slower than other turbo sleds I ride with. Hurricane tunes. 117ish is where you run out of gearing before the clutches go into over drive
Speedo numbers. I just use them for reference.
I tried to use my phone GPS app, to compare. But nearly zero signal.
I'm barely getting WiFi. I have to sit in one spot in the cabin. Lol.

I'll verify boost today. Then go from there.
I can play with springs, but doesn't make a lot of sense if I can't reach 18psi of boost.
Temps are going to be in the high 20's so IAC temps will be high as well.
I'll go to my 250hp tune and see if that can kinda cure both. If that makes any sense.
Could very well improve things.

21/41 gears with 9 tooth 2.86 drivers, 9000 rpm, no overdrive works out to just over 112 mph.
5% overdrive would give you approx 118 mph
22/41 gears would give you 118 mph at 1:1 and 124 mph with 5% overdrive

Also maybe the tune you are running works better at a lower rpm...the hp could be falling off above 9000 rpm?
Maybe you need a bit lower RPM with higher gearing?

Blu Wht Blu is the yam spring
BLK BRZ is Dalton.
I have the wrong sequence on Yamaha spring. Sorry

Speedo numbers. I just use them for reference.
I tried to use my phone GPS app, to compare. But nearly zero signal.
I'm barely getting WiFi. I have to sit in one spot in the cabin. Lol.
time for draggy. Your phone btw should not require a cellular signal or wifi to read GPS unless it is fairly old. Some GPS apps want to download maps/locations/etc and refuse to work unless you have some internet connectivity. There are GPS apps that just give you coordinates and derived readings like speed but they will not be nearly as accurate as draggy which uses mems sensors to overcome GPS limitations.

Back