• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Maybe too early drag racing apex

taz1

Extreme
Hi i am still waiting for my apex GT :o| For the guys that have these sleds How do you think it will do in drag races with other sleds. Like f7 fusion or machz . Just wondering. Hope i get my GT soon :Rockon:

I don't want to sound cocky or over confident, but:

F7=get them on the top end???? Don't know no friends w/ Cats

Mach Z= not a chance of keeping up after 70mph

Fusion= Apex will kill it (that is if the 06 are like the 05) I rode w/ two of them last season, and rode each a few times-LOL

:flag: ;)! :flag: ;)! :flag:

mach z is the only threat to the apex. mach z and apex put out about same track horsepower from what i hear,and early reports are showing that the apex is not bowing to the machz...production units are stonger than proto's.. ;)!

I too think the Mach is the only sled that'll regularly put a whoopin on the Apex, its a strong sled. There will always be exceptions but for the most part the Apex will be a very strong contender this yr.

Do people still buy and ride ZR900's? LOL Tony maybe the odd few other better tuned srxs would contend, but the average srx? I dont think so. Keeping apples to apples, Im talking AS DELIVERED, not clutched, jetted or tweaked in any way! My zx chassis mxz8 ran side by side down the lake with a number of stock srx's, this apex would spank my 800.

Here's the feedback from Supertrax:
The Apex makes the 170 HP Mach Z feel a little soft from engagement up to 50 MPH. It's all about flywheel. 4-strokes generate torque in big gulp portions and it's at trail speed where you'll have to adjust your posture and literally hang on when you whack the Genisis 5-valver.

Here's what we can tell you. A stock Mach Z is a 170 HP sled that'll pull 120 on snow all day. The Apex is a 150 HP sled that'll run with a Mach Z past 60 MPH. After that, in our opinion, the Mach Z's HP takes over on the top end.

TT670 said:
Do people still buy and ride ZR900's? LOL Tony maybe the odd few other better tuned srxs would contend, but the average srx? I dont think so. Keeping apples to apples, Im talking AS DELIVERED, not clutched, jetted or tweaked in any way! My zx chassis mxz8 ran side by side down the lake with a number of stock srx's, this apex would spank my 800.

I owned 2 SRXs, and loved them. My uncle has one of the best running SRXs around (at least in Maine), and its set up for ice and asphalt only. He never got rid of it, because the only thing that could beat it were the mod sleds, maybe a good running Mach Z or two. ZR9s were not an issue, most Firecats too. Fusions, fuggedaboutit. After hearing what Woodys Apex in Maine was turning on asphalt with only an asphalt suspension, two days after coming out of the crate, he decided to upgrade to the Apex this year. The stock Apex motor was turning better 1/8 times on asphalt than he was able to turn in 5 years of tuning his SRX. I think all the news coming in confirms that these Apexes are really gonna haul the mail. The other thing I think that is interesting is how Yamaha is only claiming 8 more hp this year. Yet, most RX1 dyno reports I've seen were mid to upper 130s for hp. The Apex is coming in at upper 149s to as high as 153 hp. You do the math. ;)!

LET IT SNOW.....

This way i dont have to read this stuff..LOL

Its a fast sled.... its up to the rider to make it win.

YAMMIEGOD 3:16 said:
HOW ABOUT A SRX. ? !! 3:16 (tony)
Hi tony i have been reading your posts on am snow for awhile and i am sure your srx is fast,and from the sounds of it set up very well,not sure if alot of srx folks ever get theres to run like lawrence stiles ans you have tony,like wolfie stated his uncle who i just mentioned has had one of the best running srxs i have ever witnessed running a legal 122+ on ice in 2500 ft. radar,of course i have never seen a stock rx1 any year run this speed on anything until now,and it was woodys apex at brainerd Minn. he did a run at 122+ and he feels it will run faster on ice,now he is a dealer with all the tricks you know what i mean i am sure. The question i guess is how well does your srx run on loose packed snow down a rr bed? Now i am not knocking it,just asking all the srxs i ever ran in those conditions i could beat w/ my well running 03 rx1 w/cat skid in it,and i dont know yet about this new attak,only got 20 miles. Thanks Pete ;)!

IF THE APPEX RUNS LIKE A WELL SETUP RX-1 IN STOCK FORM, AND THATS PRETTY MUCH WHAT EVERYBODY IS SAYING, I BELIEVE A WELL SET-UP SRX WILL WIN THIS, ESPECIALLY IF IT IS A 1/2 MILE RUN. PETE I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR SAYING, BUT MOST DON,T HAVE THEIR 4 STROKES SET-UP EITHER, SO TO USE ONE OR TWO CERTAIN SRX,s!! I GUESS EQUAL STATE OF TUNE IS THE ONLY WAY TO DECIDE THIS. I HAVE RACED SOME WELL SET-UP RX-1,s WITH MY 2002 SRX IN THE 1/2 MILE AND THEY CAN,T HOLD ME OFF ON TOP!! APEX MIGHT BE DEFFERENT, HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE. ! 3:16 (tony)

Back