• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Maybe too early drag racing apex

YAMMIEGOD 3:16 said:
IF THE APPEX RUNS LIKE A WELL SETUP RX-1 IN STOCK FORM, AND THATS PRETTY MUCH WHAT EVERYBODY IS SAYING, I BELIEVE A WELL SET-UP SRX WILL WIN THIS, ESPECIALLY IF IT IS A 1/2 MILE RUN. PETE I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR SAYING, BUT MOST DON,T HAVE THEIR 4 STROKES SET-UP EITHER, SO TO USE ONE OR TWO CERTAIN SRX,s!! I GUESS EQUAL STATE OF TUNE IS THE ONLY WAY TO DECIDE THIS. I HAVE RACED SOME WELL SET-UP RX-1,s WITH MY 2002 SRX IN THE 1/2 MILE AND THEY CAN,T HOLD ME OFF ON TOP!! APEX MIGHT BE DEFFERENT, HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE. ! 3:16 (tony)

Who said that? Read my post again. What I said, as the owner of 2 SRXs, an 05 RX1, now the owner of a new Apex, and the nephew of a guy who has one of the fastest SRXs around, is that a pretty stock Apex, within 2 days of being uncrated, was turning faster 1/8 mile times than my uncles SRX had in the 5 years he had it. His SRX would suck up my RX no problem as well. He was convinced enough to sell his SRX and get the Apex. More hp and a wider powerband, comparable weight.

WOLFIE, OK I WILL DO THE MATH. THE SRX WAS AND IS OFCOSE A 700. THE 2000-2002 WERE 142-145 hp. IN THIS TIME PEROID, AINT IT SAFE TO SAY ALL THE 800 MUSCLE SLEDS MACHZ800, XCR800, REV800, ZRT800, ZR800, etc WERE ALL CLOSE TO 150 h.p. !! SRX RAN WITH THESE WITH NO PROBLEM. WHATS CHANGED. 3:16 (tony)

SO YOUR UNCLE RAN OUT AND BOUGHT A APPEX BECAUSE OF WHAT ONE TURNED ON THE TAR !! CORRECT. WHERE ARE WE COMPAREING THESE SLEDS ON THE TAR. THOUGHT I MEAN,T REAL WORLD SNOWMOBILEING. 3:16 (tony)

Attachments

• forumbash 023.gif
    forumbash 023.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 90
SO YOUR UNCLE RAN OUT AND BOUGHT A APPEX BECAUSE OF WHAT ONE TURNED ON THE TAR !! CORRECT. WHERE ARE WE COMPAREING THESE SLEDS ON THE TAR. THOUGHT I MEAN,T REAL WORLD SNOWMOBILEING. 3:16 (tony)

Hey settle Yammiegod, and turn off your CAPSLOCK. It's a fair comparison, because my uncle also runs asphalt, and his best asphalt time with a 130 lb. rider was something like a 6.65 for the 1/8 (forget his 1/4 times at Epping). He's owned SRXs since the 70s, and can tune them as good as anyone, and that was his best time in 5 years of tuning his 2000 SRX. In any event, the Apex was turning low 6.4s within two days of being out of the crate. It's only logical that the same performance advantage will hold true on the ice or snow. I'll readily admit a good running SRX usually has the number of any good running RX1 (and there are plenty of guys in here who won't admit that). My SRX was probably faster/quicker than my 05 RX1. So it's not like I have any axe to grind here. And ya know what? We'll find out sooooon enough, won't we?

IF THE APPEX RUNS LIKE A WELL SETUP RX-1 IN STOCK FORM, AND THATS PRETTY MUCH WHAT EVERYBODY IS SAYING, I BELIEVE A WELL SET-UP SRX WILL WIN THIS, ESPECIALLY IF IT IS A 1/2 MILE RUN. PETE I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR SAYING, BUT MOST DON,T HAVE THEIR 4 STROKES SET-UP EITHER, SO TO USE ONE OR TWO CERTAIN SRX,s!! I GUESS EQUAL STATE OF TUNE IS THE ONLY WAY TO DECIDE THIS. I HAVE RACED SOME WELL SET-UP RX-1,s WITH MY 2002 SRX IN THE 1/2 MILE AND THEY CAN,T HOLD ME OFF ON TOP!! APEX MIGHT BE DEFFERENT, HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE. ! 3:16 (tony)
You are right tony,state of tune means everything,and most people just run them bone stock,you and i do our homework by the sounds of it,cause most people will argue w/me that i will never get the rx1 to run 117 or anywhere close to that,now i run w/a gps 24/7 so i always know what my sleds are doing,and i can already tell ya this attak has much better power everywhere that my 05 fusion did not,i will let you know what it has on top later next month. Pete ;)!

HEY WOLFIE, MAYBE YOUR LOGIC SAYS WHAT HAPPENS ON TAR WILL HAPPEN ON ICE AND SNOW BUT NOT MINE!! SORRY TAR RACING WHOLE DEFFERENT STORIE ESPECIALLY AFTER YOU INSTALL NOS ON THAT APPEX. NICE TRY. AND DUDE, YOU NEED TO SETTLE DOWN YOURSELF. FIRST I DON,T BELIEVE YA PLAIN AND SIMPLE. YOUR TELLING ME RIGHT OUT OF THE CRATE THAT THIS APPEX BRAND NEW TURNED A BETTER TIME THAN THIS ROCKET SRX YOU SAID YOUR UNCLE HAS. NICE TRY, MAYBE YOU COULD GET YOUR BUDDIES HERE TO BELIEVE THAT BUT I KNOW BETTER!! 3:16 (tony)

HEY WOLFIE, MAYBE YOUR LOGIC SAYS WHAT HAPPENS ON TAR WILL HAPPEN ON ICE AND SNOW BUT NOT MINE!! SORRY TAR RACING WHOLE DEFFERENT STORIE ESPECIALLY AFTER YOU INSTALL NOS ON THAT APPEX. NICE TRY. AND DUDE, YOU NEED TO SETTLE DOWN YOURSELF. FIRST I DON,T BELIEVE YA PLAIN AND SIMPLE. YOUR TELLING ME RIGHT OUT OF THE CRATE THAT THIS APPEX BRAND NEW TURNED A BETTER TIME THAN THIS ROCKET SRX YOU SAID YOUR UNCLE HAS. NICE TRY, MAYBE YOU COULD GET YOUR BUDDIES HERE TO BELIEVE THAT BUT I KNOW BETTER!! 3:16 (tony)

Who said anything about NOS?! I post actual times, and another guy here who even knows my uncle, and you wanna call me a liar, that's fine. I'm 48 years old by the way, so have far better things to do and have nothing to prove to ya. MMsnowbeast also knows the guy I'm talking about, Woody from Woodys Powersports in Maine. I guess he's a liar too. I understand he kicked #*$&@ out in Brainard with the same sled as well. . You seem to have a hard time that your beloved SRX is gonna get beat this year. Like I said, soon we will find out. And for that matter, what makes you the SRX expert? Do you race? My email address for the last 8 years, from the moment the sled was announced, is SRXfreak@comcast.net, so it's not like I don't like the sled.

anyone who has read tonys posts knows that he always posts in CAPITAL LETTERS! why i dont know!

FYI...There is way more to an engine than Peak HP... there is Torque and how thick and wide the power band is!

Bob Miller said:
Here's the feedback from Supertrax:
The Apex makes the 170 HP Mach Z feel a little soft from engagement up to 50 MPH. It's all about flywheel. 4-strokes generate torque in big gulp portions and it's at trail speed where you'll have to adjust your posture and literally hang on when you whack the Genisis 5-valver.

Here's what we can tell you. A stock Mach Z is a 170 HP sled that'll pull 120 on snow all day. The Apex is a 150 HP sled that'll run with a Mach Z past 60 MPH. After that, in our opinion, the Mach Z's HP takes over on the top end.

You have to admit that it's pretty amazing that a comparison like this could ever happen! A 1000 cc 2 stroke vs a 1000 cc 4 stroke. Who would have ever thought it!!! Hat's off to Yamaha :flag: LaLaLa :flag: 8)

Back