• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MBRP Exhaust

nytronympho

Just slapped on the the new MBRP can and WOW !!! the sound is fantastic--- for 239.00 I wouldnt buy any other exhaust-- you guys that are spending close to or more than 1000.00 on Excels and such--WOW not sure thats the right choice espcially if you havent heard the MBRP,, sounds great get compliments all the time from guys that ride Polaris, Ski-doo and Cats-- they want to know what it is and where I got it.. So if you want a great sound at a great price MBRP is the one to get.. and took me about 20 min to install it or remove it, case I want to put the stock one back one...

nytronympho said:
Just slapped on the the new MBRP can and WOW !!! the sound is fantastic--- for 239.00 I wouldnt buy any other exhaust-- you guys that are spending close to or more than 1000.00 on Excels and such--WOW not sure thats the right choice espcially if you havent heard the MBRP,, sounds great get compliments all the time from guys that ride Polaris, Ski-doo and Cats-- they want to know what it is and where I got it.. So if you want a great sound at a great price MBRP is the one to get.. and took me about 20 min to install it or remove it, case I want to put the stock one back one...

For the sake of argument I ask.....What kind of R&D are you getting with your MBRP? I know the guys at Excell spend countless hours in the dyno tweaking little things to get the most bang for your buck. I know I got 8 pounds weight savings and 8 hp increase. Do you know exactly what you got other than a potential weight saving and who knows if any hp increase for your $239? I see your point about only spending a fairly small amount of money for your exhaust. But to ask is it worth it to spend more for the Excell? The answer for me is a no brainer. To some of us it is about more than just sound. Did you get a new header pipe with that $239 MBRP exhaust (as that is where the majority of the hp increase comes from)? Did you get new factory/stock looking plastics to make your sled look as factory as possible with that $239 exhaust? Did you get the customer support to be able to call and recommend changes, problem fixes, best clutching advise to go along with your $239 MBRP exhaust. I have the confidence in knowing when I call with a question or problem these guys will bend over backwards for me.....the customer, and I use their services quite often. For what it's worth, the sound produced by the Excell in my opinion is way better than almost anything on the market and I have heard a ton so far to include the MBRP. It is not obnoxiously loud at idle and gets progressively sweeter sounding the higher into the powerband you go. Needless to say, I am a big fan, fit and finish is outstanding and customer service is second to none. (Which is most important to me). Worth every penny spent, and I like you would not buy anything but at this point. You will not find another exhaust that will produce more horsepower with anymore weight savings. Cheers.......

Koeckman said:
nytronympho said:

For the sake of argument I ask.....What kind of R&D are you getting with your MBRP? I know the guys at Excell spend countless hours in the dyno tweaking little things to get the most bang for your buck. I know I got 8 pounds weight savings and 8 hp increase. Do you know exactly what you got other than a potential weight saving and who knows if any hp increase for your $239? I see your point about only spending a fairly small amount of money for your exhaust. But to ask is it worth it to spend more for the Excell? The answer for me is a no brainer. To some of us it is about more than just sound. Did you get a new header pipe with that $239 MBRP exhaust (as that is where the majority of the hp increase comes from)? Did you get new factory/stock looking plastics to make your sled look as factory as possible with that $239 exhaust? Did you get the customer support to be able to call and recommend changes, problem fixes, best clutching advise to go along with your $239 MBRP exhaust. I have the confidence in knowing when I call with a question or problem these guys will bend over backwards for me.....the customer, and I use their services quite often. For what it's worth, the sound produced by the Excell in my opinion is way better than almost anything on the market and I have heard a ton so far to include the MBRP. It is not obnoxiously loud at idle and gets progressively sweeter sounding the higher into the powerband you go. Needless to say, I am a big fan, fit and finish is outstanding and customer service is second to none. (Which is most important to me). Worth every penny spent, and I like you would not buy anything but at this point. You will not find another exhaust that will produce more horsepower with anymore weight savings. Cheers.......

wow.... I dont think anyone doubts excells products or their methods. I have excell systems on both my phazer and attak, but the nytro has mbrp exhaust on it..... why? I couldnt justify, as a lot of others as well, $1200 for 8 hp, why not just spend 239, get the weight savings, sound good and off u go. As for quality, i dont doubt excells products at all, i have them, but the mbrp quality is very good as well. It uses the stock plastics, and other than the sound, visibly the sled looks completely stock. I ordered our mbrp from mbrp at the novi snow show, and their customer service was not bad at all, nor was excells when i got the attak system from them.

Bottom line, as far as this post goes, he wasnt bad mouthing excell, just stating that for 239, you get great sound and ease of installation, return to stock option..... things that are much more difficult with the excell system. But again, you would get a few more ponies with the excell system, and probably better quality, but it all costs $$$$.

I apologize if it seemed as though I was attacking anyone. Thats why I started out with "for the sake of argument". I didn't mean come across as though I was attacking anyone, I was just making a mere comparison as to the question originally asked, why are people spending that much for the Excell system? I see another thread has popped about "aftermarket exhaust" I was merely stating, as suggested in the other thread that some of us purchase exhaust for more reasons than just the sound, and I would about stake my life on the fact that there is no other system out there that has undergone the R & D that the Excell system has, nor will you get the hp increase without their header pipe as the Excell. So you pay more for a far superior system from front to back and you get more than just a slip on pipe. They all look fine, and sound fine, just for me personally, I just want the best out there. In my opinion I would pay more for somebody to do the legwork for me as Excell has done. Again I am sorry for coming across as an attack on the others.

For $550 you can buy Excel's high-flow header and keep your stock muffler, and gain 6 hp. If you add the muffler you get another 2 HP for $300. Toss in a couple hundred more and you get the plastic shroud. It seems like the best performance gain per dollar lies in the header/stock muffler combo, and the noise is a known quantity.

I should have my E&S exhaust in a few days. I have no idea what to expect for noise output but I'll be happier if it's quieter. Noise is a nuisance. Power and weight aren't my prime objectives. I want my tunnel deck and some storage in my seat! Choice is good.

SB

Spend a 1000 dollars on above said exhaust and welcome to low speed hesitation of off idle? But yet it is a yamaha problem?

Back