• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MC-Express RS-Turbo!!

HSP

Extreme
Mc-Express have now a dyno ready for the RS models.
153,5 kw and 176,5 Nm.
Now we start talking! :Rockon:

I converted the dyno numbers to the real world (Lbs and HP) but what the #$%&* is 0.90 Bar in P.S.I.? A buddy of mine bought a Vector mountain and ordered the Turbo for it, we wanted to know what the air pressure was on the dyno sheet MC-Xpress posted? Anyone know (For sure) what the conversion is? I ordered the 2005 RX-1 Mountain, 162x16"x2.3" track and the MC-Xpress rear mount Turbo. I hope this new Vector with a Turbo doesn't prove to be the sled I should have bought? Guess we'll find out when the snow flys. ALL Yamaha :4STroke:

200hp on pump fuel should make a real nice mountain sled. 250hp with LC pistons. I rode the Vector last spring and really liked the lighter feel. For a 120hp sled it sure seemed to work well. I figured with 200hp it would be the one to have. But the RX1 definitely has it in the HP dept, especially with the turbo. I don't think I'll be short of power with this unit though.

My understanding is that I can run premium pump fuel with the turbo'd stock engine and have 200-205hp. So if you run LC pistons the HP jumps to 250? Is that because you can run higher boost? with the LC pistons do you still run the pump fuel? Where does the extra power come from? Is it just from ramming more fuel in? What are the drawbacks from LC pistons, if any? My kid thinks we should do the pistons too(may as well have 130 extra hp if youre gonna have an extra 80 for the price of a set of pistons) Any thoughts or info would be appreciated. :rocks:

weve dyno'd our vector turbo at 190 hp at 7.5lbs of boost on pump gas. it will be at haydays on display. jeff

Jeff, isn't that the same power you made out of the RX-1. What are going to be the differences between these 2 motors with turbos?

there are lots of differences between kits, rx-1 kit makes around 200 hp when tested in the same state of tune vector is in right now. in winter form with rich jets like the rx-1 kits 195 totall safe trail horsepower is set at, i would expect around low to mid 180s for totally safe trail horsepower out of the vector. jeff

Jeff, I see Mcxpress is running 13lbs and you're only running 7.5lbs. what is the reason for that? Seems like a big difference in boost levels. 190hp @ 7.5 is pretty impressive.

There are some new pictures of the Vector turbo at mc-xpress.com (not sure how to make a link). Unlike the RX1 it has 2 exhaust outlets. Looking at the stock exhaust, I was thinking they were pretty small pipes, so this makes sense. I'm guessing it gets it's air through the rear grille. I hope it's not too quiet!!

mc-express turbo

Just got my silver vector mountain last week and what a really nice machine, It already has a bunch of light weight components like the rx-1, but not all of them, still could use aluminum battery holder and aluminum bumper mount , aluminum a-arms, runs and sounds cool.
And it pulls extremely hard. ---------Oh did I mention I just finished testing the turbo out on the grass!

Re: mc-express turbo

RX-Boy said:
Just got my silver vector mountain last week and what a really nice machine, It already has a bunch of light weight components like the rx-1, but not all of them, still could use aluminum battery holder and aluminum bumper mount , aluminum a-arms, runs and sounds cool.
And it pulls extremely hard. ---------Oh did I mention I just finished testing the turbo out on the grass!
Which turbo did you put on, I have my Vector as well but my turbo isn't here yet.

Back