• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MCX problems on my APEX

bigbull

Extreme
Rode my new MCX turboed Apex at Cooke on Friday for a "break in" day. It has a serious "cough" around the 7000 rpm zone when flicking the throttle. And it died on me twice while being easy on it. If you roll on the throttle slowly from start to around 8000 it spools up fine. If you flick the throttle it falls on it's face and is real slow on spool up. If you are moving through the trees at 5500 and need a little more throttle and bring it up to 7500 or 8000 it will fall on it's face. FYI: There is no boost gauge permanently mounted yet and there is no boost controller installed yet. HELP!!! Any ideas?

I firmly beleive it is in the install. No disrespect but if this is a first time install something may be overlooked. go back and check everything.

As well there are some important tips.
Do you have a secondary BOV?
Is the stock CO adjusted to a leaner setting?
Do you have the stock air filter on it?
All clamps overtight?
Boost guage installed?..........i hope you have one.
Cam timing triple checked?
Fuel vent clear?

ETC ETC ETC

Good luck.
RS

No offense taken, I agree, it is usually an install issue. This is not their first install however. No problems with the first (one) I guess. I will forward the info. to them. Thanks for the help. Any other ideas anyone?
Checked TORS and barometric vacuum sensor and some other obvious issues, picnched lines, throttle body leak/unhooked etc. Turbo has a temporary gauge hooked up and seems to have ample boost when it is putting out boost. Any other ideas anyone?

bigbull said:
Rode my new MCX turboed Apex at Cooke on Friday for a "break in" day. It has a serious "cough" around the 7000 rpm zone when flicking the throttle. And it died on me twice while being easy on it. If you roll on the throttle slowly from start to around 8000 it spools up fine. If you flick the throttle it falls on it's face and is real slow on spool up. If you are moving through the trees at 5500 and need a little more throttle and bring it up to 7500 or 8000 it will fall on it's face. FYI: There is no boost gauge permanently mounted yet and there is no boost controller installed yet. HELP!!! Any ideas?

Sounds like cam timing. Had similar problem this year with a friends Apex turbo. Instructions on this are not very clear from Sweeden. They should hire a translator and update the photos in thier install instructions.

Hey , IT'S NOT AN INSTALL PROBLEM .
I HAVE TWO OF THESE MCX KITS, AND BRANDON AT COOK CITY WHO ONLY DID ONE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM.
THERE IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM.
" I'M VERY UPSET, WITH THIS KIT!!!!!
I ORDER IN OCT. RECEIVED IN DEC. STILL NOT WORKING IN FEB. DAKOTA PERFORMANCE DID THE FIRST INSTALL. PAYED HIM TO DO A SECONDED REDOOOOOO-- $$$$$$-- STILL ISN'T WORKING ,
SO I DRIVE 600 MILES TO MARK LEIPHEIMER OF LEIPHEIMER YAMAHA BUTTE MANTANA , SPEND SOMEMORE $$$, STILL NOT WORKING .
THIS IS DRIVING FROM 6500 TO 10500FT. PLUS.
THIS FUGIN KIT HAS GOT ME PISSED OFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!
I SPENT ENOUGHT IN LABOR TO BUY ANOTHER TURBO!!
THIS THING (I HAVE TWO) SOUNDS LIKE AN OLD LADY WITH RESPITORY PROBLEMS FROM 7000 RPMS UP!!!!!!
I HAVE 550 MILES ON NOW RUNS LIKE FUGIN POOP!!
BEFORE YOU COME ON HERE AND BAD MOUTH ME YOU BETTER PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!!!!!!

I'M NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR BS, SO GO AWAY.
THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THESE KITS .
IF YOU CAN HELP FINE . IF NOT GET LOST!!!

Sorry, who is badmouthing? I must have missed that?
OK, back to the thread...............constructive stuff please. Thanks Climbmax for the help. Remapped today, changed ECU on the Apex for another one. Darko, any ideas?

Boost It said:
I'M NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR BS, SO GO AWAY.
THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THESE KITS .
IF YOU CAN HELP FINE . IF NOT GET LOST!!!

Good way to ask for help.

My kit runs awesome, 2300 miles of flawless pure boost.

4 others in my riding crew have them as well, zero problems with any of them. About 8000 miles of ridng between us and we have no problems, so your theory of "theres a problem with these kits" is where the BS lies.

Good luck with gettin help, if you talk to everyone in real life like you have on here its no wonder no one will help you.

Besy of luck asshat.

Darko, any ideas?

I thinking for ya dude, trust me. I dont want anyone to be unhappy with there sled, let alone fellow Apex owner (other than Boost it, he can ride the pine for all i care).

Climbmax's suggestions are exactly where i would start. Its so tough to try and list all the different posibilities it may be. And without seeing it, or riding it i find it tough to diagnos.

Im going to forward your list of symptoms in your first post to 2 friends of mine, there very good with the turbo's on the Yami's, they've road them for 3 years and installed plenty.

Back