• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Millinocket,maine

z28rx1

Extreme
Im looking for a honest trail report for the Millinocket maine area. We have res from feb 8 to 15 and dont want to travel 12hrs just to be depressed.Thanks

I was up in Greenville last weekend (Jan 25-28) & the trail conditions traveling to Millinocket were amazing considering the lack in snow amounts.

However, this week we had temp. in the upper 40's with rain & I am told it affected the trails. We went to the Pelletier Loggers Restaurant & ate lunch with Mr. Eldon Pelletier.

I would check the trail status updates. When I hear more information I will post. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 5.14.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 5.14.56 PM.png
    479.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 5.15.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 5.15.11 PM.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 191
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 5.14.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-01 at 5.14.36 PM.png
    467.3 KB · Views: 164
Check Mesnow new england out doors. They are pretty honest about the trail conditions actually. I ride in that area alot and they are usually spot on. They are grooming and trails are hard well set up with Ice in many corners. Most snow in area will be joe mary and Ragged ares toward Katadin. My local friend has confirmed the report. weather report looks promising for more snow inbound so I think you should be all right. Good luck and ride safe

Ya, thats where we are stayin at NEOD and they did say that everybodys riding, We are staying all week just dont want to keep riding the same trail all week. I see that the trails up north are all closed so? Maybe should think about the U.P. in mich. Same dist driving for me. Thanks for the replys. Rob....

Z, Have you ever been to the millinocket area? The area is really large compared to the UP. I know that you have many trail options as trails conditions are now in that area. I rode from NEOD to pittston farm and back 2 weeks ago on the best trails I have ever seen( No kidding) 190 miles in just over 4 hours. Granted that was before the warm up but areas we went through had over 30 -40 inches of snow. Pittston farm is reporting 10 in still on the ground and they had only 15 -20 in 2 weeks ago. Look at a katadin area trail map and there are many trail options that still have snow. I have ridden the UP before and just the Millinocket area is much larger and can handle many more sleds. Just my 2 cents good luck

State park road pic

Z, Here is a current pic from Baxter park road. Trails are holding up decent but are Icy in spots. Millinocket area north and west toward jackman area only ridable area in the state. You can still put on some good milage. I would be there but have to work the next 20 out of 22 days. good luck but be safe. :sled1:

Attachments

• Park road.jpg
    Park road.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 164
We had a friend staying at a resort in the West Forks area and he reported back trails are horrible. In certain areas the trails may be ok but getting there is the issue. We were planning on going to the same resort and were wondering what to do as well. After his unbiased report we backed out. UP Michigan here we come.

Weather report: Nor'easter :-o Friday-Saturday most models are saying 3 to 12 in.... just what was ordered! Should get the hole system back in full operation!

My lodge is just South of Millinocket and my buddy grooms for the JoMary club. As of last night they're trails were passable but far from great. The trails took a beating with last weeks warm-up and rain. The silver lining he said was there is still good riding north & west of town and the cold temps have returned allowing for the base to stay in place. According to him it would only take 6-12" to have things back to shape and the weather report is calling for snow Friday/Saturday. Of course we have been screwed by the weathermen here in Maine twice this year already. Let's do the snow dance and help them out.

Back