• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mirror kits for RX or RS

Are telking about the new RS Venture mirrors or the old Yamaha standard mirrors???

I have the instructions for the New RS Venture mirrors, but the old Yamaha mirrors do not have instructions.

I had installed them on my sled weeks ago. They are really hot. Vision behind you is the best. They fold in towards the windshield and fit perfectly inder the cover. I would suggest not to use the templates as I found them off somewhat. Finally got some decent snow and put on 125 miles the other days in the mountains. Got to ride up to kokajo. They don't have as much snow as we do. :4STroke:

banjo04414

Glad to hear you got to do some riding. I did too. I went from my place on Lower Wilson Pond to Greenville then up ITS88 to Rockwood (pretty bony still in places), then crossed Moosehead Lake south back to Greenville. About 100 mile day but really enjoyed the sled.

Which specific mirrors did you mount on your RX1-ER. I',m very interested in picking some up.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve

I went with the RS Venture mirrors that mount up by the windshield. Takes about 1-1.5 hours to install but well worth it. Glad you got your riding in. The snow in the mountains is perfect. Just like running on newly groomed trails. Had a little problem with the hi-fax melting. Haven't had a chance to check the sled out and see how bad it is. Other then that and a so so top end the sled is wicked.

----------------------
Bob

I put a set of the "old" Yamaha mirrors on my RX-1 and have been really happy. The mirrors are tucked up just behind the windshield, down around the handlebars. I have to look down to see behind but I felt the "Venture" style mirrors were a little fugly...

For the standard yamaha mirrors, there are three pre-molded dimples in the hood on each side. these are located just outside the dash pannel on the inside of the hood. Simply drill them out and mount the mirror. I like these more that either of the other two. While the visibility is slightly obscured by the handlebars, they seem to fit the sled better. The Venture style of mirrors look like bug antena to me.

Bug or not they really work well. You don't have to look down, just glance in the mirrors which are eye height and right back on the trail. Much easier then my wife's Yamaha Deluxe which have the other style of mirrors. IMO, after they are mounted I think they go with the design of the sled and look "cool". But each to his own. :D

Warrior Snowman said:
For the standard yamaha mirrors, there are three pre-molded dimples in the hood on each side. these are located just outside the dash pannel on the inside of the hood. Simply drill them out and mount the mirror. I like these more that either of the other two. While the visibility is slightly obscured by the handlebars, they seem to fit the sled better. The Venture style of mirrors look like bug antena to me.

I mounted mine outside the windshield altogether. If you look where the RX-1 Decal is, that's where my mirrors are. It covers up the corner of the decal, but I could care less. I can see behind me and I don't cover my sleds anyway since I have a covered trailer so I could care less if they stick out.

Back