• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

vector or RX mirrors: who has installed them

Silver-Ghost,

Thanks for the advice.

I did the install last night with Almost RX-1's help.

We did use the templates and double checked for alignment BEFORE drilling anything. Just put the windshield and headlight cover into place and checked to ensure that the template drilling locations were aligned with mounting holes on the metal bracket.

In my case the templates lined up farily well so I drilled the holes accordingly. There is a little play in the various parts, so a 16th out here or there should not be a problem.

The most important advice for anyone doing the mirror install is measure twice (or more), drill once :Rockon:

I hear you on drilling into a new sled.

RX-1 Mirrors

Sorry for the delay on this post Indy - been far too busy. If they would just give the money away and not make us work!

When I purchased the RX-1, the dealer gave me a set of mirrors. I have installed mirrors on others sleds, and usually place them in the upper side of the hood.

I noticed the mirror mounting dimples on the RX-1, but when I placed the mirror there it seemed too high and narrow. The reflection would be partially blocked.

So I placed them on the downward side on the hood, just below the top bend. With the rubber boot pulled up, I measured about 1" in from the hood back lip and 1" down from side bend. This is relative to the mounting base. Any measurements near this would be fine. (Only you will ever know if the pair is slightly off.)

Now I can see fine and the mirrors have even survived a couple of branch hits. Although I will probably replace the fender washers with a mounting plate as the hood does give slightly in this area. Other than that, the hood should hold up fine for years to come.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 100_0139.JPG
    100_0139.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 100_0142.JPG
    100_0142.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 100_0146.JPG
    100_0146.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_0148.JPG
    100_0148.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 100_0153.JPG
    100_0153.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 100_0154.JPG
    100_0154.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 194
I rode the above posted sled, and the mirror placement worked great. The are mounted just behind the RX1 decal, and do not protrude past the side of sled. Very good visibility. Do not look bad either.

Thanks for responding and posting tenthousand.

Back