• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mirrors

Hodgey

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper LTX
IMG_6481.JPG IMG_6480.JPG IMG_6479.JPG
I have a 2014 Sr Viper with the stock taller windshield. I saw there are Arctic Cats with the same body style as the Viper that have mirrors. I love having mirrors on my sled, so I looked at those AC sleds with mirrors and ordered myself a pair hoping they would fit my stock yam windshield. Wrong, well not totally wrong cause they did mount half azz ok, but because of the weight cause the windshield to warp and bend at speed. The set up i have will work if I put added a extra screw or two, to the windshield to make it more secure but I cant figure out a way to do that without doing a hack job which is not what I want. I want a factory looking setup.

Is there a windshield that will fit my Viper that will also accommodate the mirrors?

I am selling my set complete never used...

Attachments

• wind screen top.jpg
    wind screen top.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 511
  • wind screen inside.jpg
    wind screen inside.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 519
  • SRVIPER Windshield.jpg
    SRVIPER Windshield.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 652
View attachment 123427 View attachment 123428 View attachment 123430
I have a 2014 Sr Viper with the stock taller windshield. I saw there are Arctic Cats with the same body style as the Viper that have mirrors. I love having mirrors on my sled, so I looked at those AC sleds with mirrors and ordered myself a pair hoping they would fit my stock yam windshield. Wrong, well not totally wrong cause they did mount half azz ok, but because of the weight cause the windshield to warp and bend at speed. The set up i have will work if I put added a extra screw or two, to the windshield to make it more secure but I cant figure out a way to do that without doing a hack job which is not what I want. I want a factory looking setup.

Is there a windshield that will fit my Viper that will also accommodate the mirrors?
Hodges, you may want to look at the Stx setup. My 17 came with a higher windshield and stock mirrors. Looks pretty good in my opinion. I also like having the mirrors.

I added the STX windshield to a 16 LTX I just purchased. I think it looks fine, the mirrors are nicesrviper4.JPG and it blocks the wind.

The windshield was installed by the dealer when I picked it up. This was the first one they installed and said it was no problem to install. From what I see it has two small brackets that were added. I can get a photo of the windshield mount tomorrow.

I saw a post, somewhere, where he got the Arctic Cat windshield and mirrors. It didn't look too bad.

this mine with the Arctic Cat mid height touring and mirrors.
WIN_20161228_08_52_35_Pro.jpg
WIN_20161228_08_51_26_Pro.jpg

This is what I saw somewhere else, out there in the ether..., Same windshield & mirrors. I also like what you did with the placard for your trail pass. It looks like you can save your trail pass if you replace your windshield? Nice!

This is what I saw somewhere else, out there in the ether..., Same windshield & mirrors. I also like what you did with the placard for your trail pass. It looks like you can save your trail pass if you replace your windshield? Nice!
Yep, the placard was cut from the previous one that broke. I wanted to get more creative with design, but it was easier to keep this one simple.

Who makes those handguards? And do the mirrors work good, without vibration.

Back