• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mirrors

Of course :-o
Because if you are riding an RX-1, you're always in front ;)!

I agree with errol, when you're in front all the time you need to see how far back your buddies are ;)!

I have never rode with mirrors and don't have them on my current sleds. I lead a lot and just look over my shoulder to make sure people are back there. I know other guys that won't ride without mirrors.

The choice for mirrors seems more a personal taste thing than a specific brand or model.

I ride with my kids sometimes and they go a little slower than me. On those days I love my mirrors. I've got the regular Yamaha mirrors and they work great for me. The taller you are the less effective they are.

I have never had mirros on my sled.....I have used a hand mirror , and that works pretty well :shock:

Mirrors are great, unless of course you ride backwards or side saddle. Use the stock mirrors but switch them right for left and left for right. I rode w/ a guy from WI, who mounted his stock mirrors a little lower down on the side, and they worked great. I rode his sled, I just wonder why some one from here didn't think of this. I will pm him and see if can post picture.

I am with Mr. Sled on the hand mirrors. I just started using them last year and really like them. No more limited view that can be associated with the mounted mirrors. The only drawback to the hand mirrors is that when riding, the people riding behind you can mistake you using your hand mirrors as signalling to stop or slow down. :o|

RobX-1....very true....I have been asked why do you keep raising you hand....I tell them...flash backs from my childhood.....LOL

you can get a stick on mirror for less than $10

you can get a stick on mirrors for less than $10 at canada tire.
they acrually work ok and you can stick them a bunch of places.
but like in canan ball run
First rule of Italian driving is
What is behind you doesnt matter

those wrist mirrors I agree are pretty good

Back