• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Modifying the stock exhaust

AlbertaGrizz

I saw this mod on a few different forums and tried it out, it seems to work well.

Take your stock tailpipe off the back of your muffler and have the local muffler shop replace the tip with a piece of 1 1/2" exhaust pipe. Just this by itself gives a good kick in the a$$ and I read that you can start drilling 1/2" holes in the baffle inside the muffler to further enhance the flow.

I've checked my plug after each of the 3 rides since the mod and if anything it still looks to be running a bit rich. Our elevation is 3500' at the low end and over 7000' at the high end.

Exhaust mods

My buddy and myself ride grizzley's...03 and 04...he's running a 1 3/4" exhaust tip with 7, 1/2" holes in the baffle and a 162.5 main jet..I'm running 9, 1/2" holes with a 1 1/2" exhaust tip and a 157.5 main jet... His bike is alot faster than mine...3 bike lengths in a 1/2 mile stretch...when he was running a 160 main jet the bikes were identical...The tip gives you a deeper sound and alot more speed....We have clocked the bikes at 108 km's....not to mention the extra for the over sized tires.... If you are looking to spruce up your Grizz...do the exhaust mod.... :Rockon:

that big of a main...wow...I didnt see much of a gain....But I have a pipe on mine not a modded exhaust,,,hmm

Main Jet

It's just like any other kind of mod.....if you add a preformance exhaust it sounds good..you may gain some hp, but thats it....Look at it this way..more fuel + better extraction (exhaust) = more power... Best thing to do is run your Grizz wide open for 1/2 mile, shut it dowm and check your plug to see if you are running alittle lean...They run fat from factory, but they do lean out if you do this mod...and as it gets colder the leaner it's gonna run..thats why we are up to a 165 as of today..it's -33 degrees, plus the wind chill

Back