• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Modular helmet

My SkiDoo BV2S modular works fantastic.
It is warm and quiet, so far fog free for me in 2 years of riding

If you hit the search tab above and type in modular helmet you will find a number of threads on helmets

I own the first modular bombardier made and the thing has never ever come close to fogging. The only problem with the helmet is it is very uncomfortable and on cold days can be cold. My brother bought the new BV2S helmet last season and has been through 3 different shields because the keep on fogging up. I want to update to the new BV2S but am not too confident in the new helmet. Shouldn't an update to a helmet be better? Maybe my brother got a lemon (I hope) so that I can buy it. I'll have to see what everyone else has to say about the BV2S.

Pitt4212 said:
I own the first modular bombardier made and the thing has never ever come close to fogging. The only problem with the helmet is it is very uncomfortable and on cold days can be cold. My brother bought the new BV2S helmet last season and has been through 3 different shields because the keep on fogging up. I want to update to the new BV2S but am not too confident in the new helmet. Shouldn't an update to a helmet be better? Maybe my brother got a lemon (I hope) so that I can buy it. I'll have to see what everyone else has to say about the BV2S.

I heard there was a bulletin put out for the new ones, it said to not to use the old modular pads for the inside. I guess they are different then the ones for the new one.

I have had good luck with HJC and G-MAX modular helmets. Both with electric shield. I do not use the mouth piece at all, too confining for me. G-max is a particlarily good value for the $. studdog

I went with Yamaha's modular helmet. Never fogs. I have the elec shield but never had to plug it in.
I did get the yellow tinted shield. works great on sunny days and it takes the glare out of the oncomming head lights.
I only have some wind noise when I have the low windscreen on my SRX. with the mid height one no noise.
Sobfrogg
;)!

That BVS2 seems like there is not much substance to it. Dont know if my melon would be safe were there an accident.

my open mx style helmet works great as long as its above 0 degrees fahrenheit...otherwise she gets a bit chilly-works awesome in heavy snow conditions and never ever fogs up

the older bombardiar modular is better than the new and can be had for far less $$$ I own the older one and love it. Best helmet I've ever owned. It's like a whole new experience riding now that I can actually see!

And sorry guys the new style looks :drink: well I just cant say here!

Charged RTX said:
Who makes the best modular? My biggest concern is air infiltration at high speeds and fogging.

I own a lazer. Had to send it back because I need twice as big as they recommended and it is still too tight to wear all day long without discomfort.

Also has lots of wind noise, and you have to wear that stupid jet fighter breath shield that is equally uncomfortable to prevent fogging. I don't wear it, but do plug in the heater, and down to zero f, it is acceptable.

I would research HJC. I looked at those at the dealer and it was comfortable and no more expensive than a lazer. Maybe the bombi super duper job is the way to go??

I have three yrs on the ski-doo modular (orginal style) and can say its worry free. On cold days I wear a bacalava (sorry for spelling). I would highly recommend.

Back